Sunday, January 11, 2009

Getting Back Into the Groove

Well, it's been quite a week. Morgan has officially completed his first week of work, I've got a little routine down with the kids. I'll start off with a little video:

Damon is still my "normal" baby, but we're starting to get on a better routine. He slept two 8-hour nights in a row, it was bliss. And much needed too, I was starting to get a sore throat and not feel so good, but it's amazing what a couple nights of complete rest can do for you. Alas, he is back to his 6-hour routine, so I usually get a brief little wake up call at around 3:00am. But at least I only have to get up once for the most part.

I did get a chance to do a little "hobby-ing" this week. Among my "wheat" adventures (see previous post) I was able to make a quick blanket for Damon out of some scrap material I had from making slings and their Halloween costumes. I'm pretty pleased with the results, although I am by no means a crafty person, so trust me, if I can pull this off, so can you. :) I don't go for perfection, rather completion.



I found some cool soccer, baseball, and basketball material too and I'm thinking about doing a few more blankets, maybe do one a month. This is kind of a quirk of mine, when I find something good I like to have a lot of the same thing in a variety, like when I find a good shirt, I like to get several colors of that same shirt because I know they will all fit great. Anyway, the whole blanket project started when I wanted to make one of those little play areas with the different textures on the blanket and toys hanging down instead of buying one (They are like $60-70 bucks!) I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make the crossbar to hang the toys from...let me know if you have any genius ideas. :)

Okay, time for another video:

That is my Logan 24/7--he is nonstop...well except for the occasional cat-nap during the day. :) This week we have been figuring out things to do outside. We've gone for a couple walks in the slush. We ran into a neighbor one day shovelling their driveway and Logan wouldn't be appeased until he had pushed their shovel all the way back to our house. It was then that I decided that we better take our walks with the stroller so I can keep a hold of him, or I might have to get a baby leash, or something. We've gone on a walk almost everyday this week and it has been really nice to get out of the house. I didn't realize how much I got used to that in Oklahoma and we were all starting to get a little cabin fever. We're going to look into more activities to do during the day because I know that our neighborhood is not lacking in the children department, but cold weather does put a slight damper, I think, on the excitement of playing outside at least for all the moms :)

Usually before the sun is out and it's a little warmer we'll watch a movie or a little TV, but Logan still just doesn't have the attention span for TV....I guess I really should be grateful for that, and I am, but some days (like when I feel like I've been feeding Damon ALL night) it would be nice to just sit and be able to take a little nap while he watches a movie.

I do have a few rare moments after Logan has gone to bed though to get some good quality cuddle time with Damon before he goes to bed.I love it when he just sleeps there while I rest and calm down after the days activities.

And finally this week Morgan's sister Laura got married!! Congratulations again!! It was a great reception and we were able to see a lot of family that we hadn't seen for almost 2 years. We went up early on Saturday to help get things set up and ready. Logan and Damon were troopers and pretty good until about 8:00, then Logan turned into a little terror. That's usually his bedtime, so we knew it was time to go. Morgan dropped me and the boys off at home so I could get them to bed and then he went back up to help clean up and visit for a little longer. Regardless of our children's behavior, it was a beautiful evening and Laura was gorgeous and Logan had a great time playing with his cousins. I wish we would have taken our camera so we could have some more pictures, but I sorta forgot it. Anyway, maybe we'll have some more fun adventures this next week to talk about....until next time.

3 comments:

Belle said...

We are so glad that you're back! Now we can get some serious hiking in this summer! Good job on the blanket, very cute.

Kristen said...

We were thinking of putting Miles in our bench similar to yours! We'd love to get together for games. When's a good time for you guys?

heidijogoody said...

I would need a nap too if that is how Logan goes all day long Does he not take regular naps any more during the day?