Saturday, January 31, 2009

Food for Thought Fri..uh, I mean Saturday

I just got too busy yesterday to post, but I have to make sure I get my recipe up there. We had some very yummy home made wheat pizza the other night, so here is the recipe for the dough:

1 (.25 oz) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
2 cups bread flour (I used two cups of wheat flour and 1/3 TB dough enhancer)
2 TB olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
*maybe a handful or two of white flour

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, sugar, and yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed....this is where I added about 1/4 cup at a time of white flour until the dough was the right consistency, mostly because I ran out of wheat flour and didn't want to grind any at the moment...Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. I rolled it out and tossed in on the pizza pan and then rolled the edges in to make the crust. Cover with your favorite sauce and toppings (we did half pepperoni, and half pineapple, that's all I had on hand at the moment) and bake in over until golden brown, about 20 minutes.

It was actually pretty quick and simple to make and even Logan my picky eater ate a whole piece by himself. Yum Yum.

No comments: