Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Time is here...and gone again.

Christmas is my favorite holiday and season of the year. With it brings lots of fun, excitement, and great traditions. This Christmas was no different, although it was a lot busier. So, I guess I'll start from the beginning about this Christmas. The day before we flew into town we watched all of our belongings drive away in a moving truck, it was pretty crazy, but again so worth it. We got to spend the night with our great friends in Oklahoma and had a great time and the next morning they took us to the airport and it was sad good-byes, but hopefully we'll get to see them again when we go back for graduation. Oklahoma was covered in a dense fog that morning, but we didn't think anything of it until we landed in Utah and found out that almost all the rest of the flights out of Oklahoma had been cancelled or delayed. This was just the first of many blessings we received during our relocation.

We spend a couple nights at Morgan's parent's house during which time we acquired a minivan with the money we got from selling our Subaru. I never thought I would say this, but I LOVE our minivan. However "un-cool" it may seem to some, it has been one of the best and wisest purchases we have made in a while. We also ate some most delicious and traditional Christmas Fudge that Morgan's dad makes. It was an especially good batch this year, but I didn't get to eat as much as I wanted because Damon is not a huge fan of chocolate these days, so I'll just have to look forward to next Christmas when we'll be done breastfeeding. :)

Our stuff arrived safe and sound and everything was un-loaded in just a few short hours. After that we headed up to Heber for a little get together with all the Goodmans that live up north. It was great to see everyone and tell them our Christmas surprise. Thanks again for keeping it secret for a while. :)

We headed down to St. George a day earlier than planned to beat a storm that was passing through and it was a good thing that we did go down early, I heard it was a beast of a storm. So, while in St. George, my cute little nephew decided to give everyone a little present: the flu. Yep, my mom and dad were completely out for an entire day. I've never seen my parents stay in bed so sick for a whole day. Then after that, it just kept passing around everyone in mild, moderate, or terrible form. I only got the mild version. Somehow though, Logan, Damon, & Morgan were all spared. I'd like to think that my breast milk helped protect Damon while Logan and Morgan just have the super immunity that we now call the Hadlock immunity. Hopefully all my kids will be as immune as Morgan is. Morgan has only ever been really sick maybe once in the past 5 years that we've been married.

Despite all the sickness though, we still got to do some traditional Christmas activities like looking at Christmas lights and reading stories by candlelight on Christmas Eve. We really had a great Christmas and Logan really loves all his family and cousins, Goodmans and Hadlocks alike. It was hard to leave either family, but knowing that we are back in Utah made it a lot easier for both parents I think. After Christmas we came home and spent the next couple days un-packing and getting ready for life again. Ready or not, 2009 here we come.

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Darn that flu. I feel like it has been so nasty this year and just spreads like crazy. We have all had it at least once this year some of us a few times. i am glad you all still had a great christmas though.

Ashley said...

So didn't you and the boys get the shot? That's funny though, It seems like Daddy and the Babies are the ones who get sick and Mommy is the one left to tend to them...at least that is how it is here. I'm glad your doing better ;-)