Monday, January 26, 2009

Being Sick is still NO Fun

Well, about Wednesday the cold bug finally found us. I was feeling pretty good that morning and even got ready to go to some local aerobics, but I drove by and didn't see anyone there, so I headed back home, Damon had fallen asleep, so I tried to do one of my workout videos, but Logan didn't like that, so I stopped after about 30 minutes. I took a shower and after that it was like my body just gave up. I was really sick for the rest of the day, poor Logan was such a trooper and watched some videos with me. Then on Thursday Morgan got sent home from work because he wasn't feeling too well either and on Friday both of us were sick, so he stayed home again. I was hoping I would feel better on Saturday, Morgan was by the afternoon, but I still didn't feel too great. We were all getting cabin fever though, so we did go for some walks and decided to take the boys to Cabelas and see if they liked the animals. Logan only liked the fish, I think it's because it was the only thing moving, the other animals were just sitting there.
I did make another "food storage" trip this weekend. We've almost got our 3-month supply. We went to the church cannery and picked up some items and then I made a trip to Macey's because they had some other stuff on sale. We don't really have a pantry big enough to really store everything, but I think we've found a way to make it work.
They may not be the best decorations in the world, but funny enough, the cans actually match the colors of paint in our house. :) And it does make me feel good when I see it because I know we're headed in the right direction on something we've been hesitant to start.
Logan had a great time playing in all the boxes. :) So this week overall was kind of weird, Morgan had Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, but we didn't really do a whole lot and then we were pretty much sick the rest of the week, luckily the boys haven't caught it. We did go over to a friend's house for some delicious dinner on Sunday night. If I can get those recipes I may have to post them if she'll let me. ;) I do have some more videos on the other camera, but those take a little more effort than I'm willing to do today, so maybe by Sunday I'll have them on the computer and we'll do a video post. Until next time....

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I hope you are feeling much better now that is just no fun. Good job on getting the food storage going doesn't it feel great to know you are getting prepared like we have been told to do since forever ago!

Mike and Quel said...

You guys are so funny getting cabin fever. A trip out with the kids seems like a nightmare to me! I love the comfort of my own home, and I'm thinking poor Linc is getting like that now too, oops! Now when I take the poor kid out, he's grouchy. I guess we'll just have to stay home even more. I talked to Mike and he said Yeah, we'll PROBABLY come visit when we come out there in a few weeks.