Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Casper, WY

Over Labor Day weekend we went to visit my brother and his fam. They just moved to Casper, WY and we wanted to go see the new house and visit and play. It's a 7 hour drive. Luckily I was able to borrow a DVD player for the car and my parents drove up from St. George and drove the rest of the way with us. Honestly, we couldn't have done it without them. They helped keep the kids entertained and we were able to switch drivers so one person didn't get too burned out.

We left super early in the morning on Saturday and got there early afternoon. The kids had a blast playing and I wish that I would have brought the camera, but I didn't. And I should have used my phone to take pictures, but I didn't. :( They had an awesome playground/swingset in the backyard that my kids loved.

That night all the kids except Tragon went to bed. Logan and Damon fought a little bit and were hitting and scratching each other until they were threatened by having to sleep in the car. :) Tragon just stayed up walking around playing and loving all the attention. He's not usually like that, so I figured it wouldn't hurt just this once. He would freak out every time I tried to put him in the bed and I didn't want him to wake the rest of the kids up, so I figured oh well. I ended up letting him sleep with me and he is the worst bed sharer ever! I thought my other boys were bad, but they were quiet little lambs compared to him. He kicks, he scratches, he pokes, he grabs, he whines a little, and so on.

We did get some rest though and Sunday we were able to get everyone to church almost on time (even though it was at 1:00) My boys were wiggly and talkative as usual, but Tragon just screamed the whole way home. We got him home and put him down for a nap and he slept for a while, woke up with a dirty diaper and then I got him back to sleep. I was able to get a little rest too.

We played some more games that night and all the kids went to bed just fine Sunday night. We woke up super early Monday and headed back. My parents still had to get all the way to St. George once we made it here. We just barely beat the biggest backups of vacation travelers and weren't slowed down too much.

Ty, Mike, Quel, and the kids were all headed down to St. George as well for the week, so they stopped here and stayed the night. We've seen each other a lot these past couple weeks, but it's been really fun since we probably won't see them too often now that they live so far away. And with another baby on the way, carpooling won't be much of an option anymore. We're really starting to fill up the van.

Overall, kids did great and it was a fun little vacation before pre-school starts this Wednesday for Logan. Hurray!

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

How fun that you guys could go do that. You have some of the best parents around they are always so good to entertain and come be with you guys. It sounds like you guys had such a great time.