Sunday, March 8, 2009

We'll Put That in Another Fund....

This week Logan got to visit the dentist for the first time. We found a great pediatric dentist and Logan did really well. Of course, the dentist just confirmed our guess that someday Logan will probably need braces. His bottom teeth are already really crooked and his teeth are really crowded and close together, which also means more likely to get cavities...*sigh* So, I guess we'll just have to start a braces fund along with the mission fund and make sure we have good dental insurance. :)

The weather has been very cooperative this week and we have some kids in our neighborhood who Logan has really taken a liking to, even though they are all at least three or four times his age. They have a new game they like to play where Logan will be up on the balcony and throw his balls down and they try to catch them, then the throw them back up to Logan. He loves it, I think he would love being down at the bottom more, but he just doesn't stay close by yet. I can't wait until it's warm enough to go to a park and really let him just run around without having to worry about cars.

This week I also got to go to the cannery again, I didn't get as much since I totally splurged during the Macey's Case Lot Sale...oh how I love food storage. :) I waited until after the boys were in bed and then went down to Macey's so I would have more room in the cart, and boy did I get some funny looks, it was either a look of, "wow, you really take this case lot sale seriously" or "way to go on being prepared" and I'm sure there were a few "holy cows" as well. I think I ended up with over 20 cases of food. Our closet has become our pantry now.

Morgan has been studying hard for school and we are counting down the days until he is done. It will be so nice to have my husband back, but it has really made me grateful that I'm not a single mother, even if I only see him as he's leaving for work, and getting home as we're all headed to bed, it really still makes a big difference to have him here.

Now on to some pictures for the week, yes, I actually took some pictures.
One of my most favorite treats is rice krispie treats! Logan loves them too.
He liked helping me lick the bowl. Mmmmm rice krispie treats, I might have to make some today. :)
Morgan has a habit of laying on his back and throwing balls at the ceiling, now Logan likes to try and throw the balls like daddy. It was a cute moment where I got all three of my favorite boys together.
Damon is such a cutey pie. He's growing bigger and cuter by the moment too, but of course, I'm not biased at all, just as the grandparents :)
Both Damon and Logan love the barnyard animal toy. It's fun with Logan because he imitates the sounds, and Damon is just hypnotized by it.
This is Logan saying cheese for the camera.
And this is my Damon all tuckered out after a trip to, well, I can't remember where, probably just the grocery store.
We started some solids with Damon recently, he's not totally sold yet, but I think that's only because he's tried rice cereal. And it may be a little early, but he has been so interested in what anyone is eating and he tries to grab stuff off our plates. Hopefully he won't be as picky as his brother :)
He does love to grab his spoon and put it in his mouth, but then once he realizes what was on the spoon he makes a weird face, I wasn't quite able to capture that though.




















And he's definitely a messy eater. I'll find bits of cereal leftover in his ears, on his hair, or basically anywhere his fingers can reach.He sure does love sitting with us at the table though when we're all eating. :)And my latest sewing project has been Logan's "quiet book" for church. Who would have ever thought I would enjoy sewing as much as I do.He hasn't quite figured out buttons, but he points and says, red button, blue button, green button, etc. It's really cute.Logan loves to count and knows his numbers one through ten.But his most favorite page is "uh-head" also known as Mr. Potato Head, I think it reminds him of Toy Story. He'll grab and arm and say "oh no" all concerned, it's really funny. We'll have to try and get that on camera. Well, that's all for now, so until next time.....

5 comments:

Belle said...

It looks like Damon is becoming a very handsome and happy baby! I love his hair!!

heidijogoody said...

That quite book turned out very cute good job! The boys are growing up and are just handsome little guys.

Mike and Quel said...

That baby is getting cuter and cuter every day. And I love the spikey hair, that is my fav! Linc hates it when I do his, but it just has to be done;) I'm getting so excited to come visit! Yah! Mike said he'll be home wed, which probably means Thurs. I hope it works out! We are still planning on leaving Friday day sometime and come hang out:)

Kate said...

Your boys sure are cuties! Love the quiet book you are making. Are you just creating it yourself, or do you have instructions or another one you are following? It looks like a lot of work. I don't know how you do all you do with two boys and a very busy husband. You are a great example to me.

Lindsey said...

Good work missy. You are so ambitious. It's definately inspiring. Let me know some other time when there is a case lot sale and I'll run down there with you-especially if we don't have little boys and daddy's can stay home with them. :) That always makes for an easier outing.