Thursday, March 19, 2009

Running Woes

I need help. I really want to start running again (I even have a 5k next weekend) and I'm in the market for a double jogging stroller (yeah for tax refunds), but I want to make sure I get the most bang for my buck. I have a tendency to just go with the cheapest and it ends up being the cheapest, and then we have to replace it, so I'd like to just make the best decision the first time :) I figure from here on out we'll always be in need or use the double stroller, so I'm also getting rid of/selling our single jogger and single stroller if anybody needs one or knows of anyone.......anyway, so the point of this whole post is a cry for help from someone I know that has used a double stroller before. Anyone....anyone.....or the alternative is just getting someone who wants to watch at least one of my babies whenever I feel like running. :) Thanks for your help.

3 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I don't even have a single jogging stroller so I won't be much help. You should call ShayLea or Tyler to watch the boys in the afternoon so you can run during Damon's nap or something.

Sandra said...

Most everyone I know that uses a double jogging stroller uses a bike trailer/stroller combo. They're quite a bit cheaper than regular double strollers, but they can be a bit bulky to store. If you were to ever get into recreational biking, it'd be nice to have to tow the kids around in as well.
Don't forget to check out ksl classifieds and craigslist before going out and buying new. A lot of people think they're going to start jogging and then never do so now they have this huge thing to store in the garage so they try and sell it for cheaper. Also, when someone has had their last kid, they'll downgrade to a single jogging stroller. You can get a good deal if you keep looking.

Unknown said...

Like the above poster said KSL/Craigslist-is the best! Also when I had to use a stroller to jog I went through three or four until I found one that I loved! I found that having the front wheel that can either lock in place OR swivel was a GREAT invention-it is like driving an SUV but turns like a car! Also pay attention to the 5-point harness-some were poorly thought through and some were VERY uncomfortable for my kids. I had a jogger/bike stroller and hated it-it was SO big and not the greatest to run with compared to my others. I will try to find a link to send you of the few that I liked. WHEW this is a long post-sorry to ramble!