Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rolie Polie, Big Boy, Long Post :)

DAMON - 6 Months

Damon is my rolie polie bug now. The moment he hits the ground he's rolling and usually halfway across the room before I know it. This is good because now he doesn't get stuck on his stomach and just cry, but also bad because now I have to be more "baby" proof aware which is slightly different from "toddler" proofing....and Logan really hates it when I have to put the gate up by the stairs. Damon is also laughing and talking a lot more these days. He breaks out of his bundles at night and during nap time and I always find him with one arm hanging out. I can't use the swing anymore for naps because he tries to roll out of it and gets upset...I'll sure miss that swing. :) I've been trying to take more pictures of Damon too because I realized that we set the bar pretty high with Logan being the first baby and when I start getting their books together I don't want Damon to feel neglected...and now that I'm not always holding Damon I really can take more pictures. See...
I can't leave him un-attended on our bed either now that he's a mover.
He does love the bouncer though, so I guess we traded the swing for that...too bad he can't take his naps in the bouncer :)
He's found his toes and loves chewing and sucking on them.
I do find him in the craziest places. He can maneuver almost anywhere...the problem is getting back out. :)
We've also been doing some solid food with Damon...yeah, we decided to go straight to the ice cream. ;) Actually right now he really loves sweet potatoes, bananas, and oatmeal, but hates rice cereal. And he's going through that same red rashy eczema that Logan got, but I haven't been able link it to anything :( I guess we'll just keep working at it with the lotion.
I love his big happy smiles!
See what I mean about napping on the swing...it's a good thing I went and checked on him before he feel out, this was the first time he'd ever been able to break out of the bundle and squirm so much.
We got to go to Grandma Hadlock's birthday part on Saturday and had lots of fun and got some clothes from his cousin. He looked so cute in this little hat and he absolutely loved the tie...eating of course.
And this is my little man looking so handsome.

LOGAN - 23 months - basically 2 years :)
Logan is my big boy now. He's talking more...and what's more I can actually understand some of the words he's using. He's also going through that "mine" stage, but he's actually doing pretty well learning to share with Damon. Logan likes to get into anything and everything. He loves "choo-choo cars" "airplane cars" "fire cars" and "carts" (that last one is trucks). He's definitely all boy!! and I love it. He loves being outside and can't get enough of it...just like his daddy. We are really excited to go camping with him this summer.

Logan loves Little Einsteins so we get to watch that in the morning while we get ready.

His new game is throwing all the pillows off the couch and diving onto them.

Logan really loves his little brother and I'm so excited for when they can play together.

Logan is definitely our little ham. He'll cheese it up at any opportunity. He does get a little shy at first, but once he's comfortable, he's all over the place. We got to spend time with both sides of the family this weekend. My brother, Mike and his wife, Raquel and their little boy Lincoln got to come down and play this weekend too. They stayed with us Friday night and it was so fun to have them. Logan and Linc had a blast throwing balls up and down the stairs and chasing them and they loves playing at the parks around our house. We also got a lot of relaxing in and of course some delicious Cafe Rio. Logan and Lincoln had a bath together and I recently found that Logan thinks bubble in the tub are hilarious...the video says it all:

MORGANNIE

I told you...long post...Morgan is busy at work, and right now that's a good thing and a bad thing. It's a good thing because the time seems to go by faster for him, but a bad thing because he also has less and less time to complete all his schoolwork and has had to stay late a lot to get things done so he can graduate. :) I'm busy all day with the boys at home and now that it's getting warmer it will be much nicer to get outside and go for walks. Well, I guess that's about it..until next time.....

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

That bath video is so darn cute. They are already such good friends.