Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh Crap...

This post deserves a little background..since really this is our family journal and if I can't write this story in my journal, then where else.
Last night during our Family Home Evening, our topic was prayer and Morgan and I were both discussing how we really feel like our prayers have been answered...mine being that I have the patience and energy to take care of the boys all day while Morgan is studying late into the night at work...and Morgan that he will have the energy and the determination to study even though he has a severe case of senior-itis. Moving on....

Today is St. Patrick's Day and probably one I'll never forget. I got us all dressed up in green...well, what we had anyway.
yeah, that's about all the green I could find. I need to run a 5K that has a green t-shirt. :)
Damon had a green onesie, a green dinosaur and green pants.
And that was Logan's one and only green shirt. :)
As I was making breakfast, I realize that Morgan had forgotten his dinner...since I make him lunch and a dinner on late nights so he can stay at his office longer to get some good homework done. So, since Logan has been a stinker with his naps I devised a wonderful plan to drive up there during his naptime and give Morgan his lunch...and it worked. Logan slept for about an hour and half in the car and woke up about 5 minutes before we got home and was happy as could be. We played outside for quite a while today since the weather was beautiful and some neighbors were out, so I felt like I could brave it while I had some extra eyes and arms to help out if I needed...and I did, but that's another story...now we come to dinner time. We have dinner and Logan eats pretty well and I get the bath filled up and ready for bathtime.
I get both the boys in and here I will divulge some information that you must promise to not call child services on me-here is our bathtime routine: Both boys in the tub, I wash Logan while Damon is just chillin' in his little tub within the tub, then I bathe Damon, then I pull Damon out and Logan gets to play in the bath while I go into the room next to it and get Damon ready for bed...a process that takes about 5 minutes or less and during those 5 minutes I can hear Logan singing and splashing the whole time and if he ever gets quiet I call out and he answers, so for the record, yes I do leave my 2 year old in the bath slightly un-attended for a brief period of time and he's still alive, so we're good.
Here's the kicker. I'm done with Damon so I put him in his crib to look at the mobile for a while and this is what I come back too....

Yes, this is the first time Logan has EVER pooped without his diaper or in the tub. I'm not sure if he was throwing his poo out and into the toilet or if he got out of the tub and tried to poo in the toilet...I'm hoping it was the latter, but really I think it was the first one (I'm sure all you mothers who have been through potty training are laughing at the not really messy mess)....so, how does this apply to the beginning disclaimer, well, normally in this situation after a long day of chasing them around and keeping them entertained and now with a screaming Damon in his crib I would just break down and cry and get mad at Logan for pooping in the tub, but this is what really happened, I walked in took one look and said "oh crap" and then I bust out laughing like I had just told the funniest joke in the world, I got my camera and took a couple pictures....I then proceeded to empty the tub, clean up the poo, take all the poo-tainted toys out of the tub (sorry Damon I'm throwing your tub away, I hope you enjoyed it while you could) I scrubbed the tub real quick and re-bathed Logan, and about the time I was done with Logan, Damon had stopped crying too...whew. So, now Damon is down for a little nap before bed and Logan is finishing Toy Story from this morning and me, I'm going to finish this post and for the almost first time this season I am going to watch American Idol and leave the dishes and messy house until after the kids are in bed, because seriously, I think I've dealt with enough crap today. :)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

good for you!

Jen said...

I'm glad you can find the humor when it's just been one of those "crappy" days. Everyone needs a break now and then.

Mike and Quel said...

We've had I think 4 wonderful poopie bath times now. They are awesome. Lincoln even started eating some of it one time! Awesome. Luckily most of them Daddy has been around to help. But you're much better than I am, I give the toys a good rinse and throw them back in the bag. I'm way to cheap!

Lindsey said...

Hahaha! This story made me laugh. Thank you for that. I loved it.

heidijogoody said...

Oh no.. Poop in the tub is the worst because it just breaks apart and makes such a big mess. And by the way you are not the only parent that leaves their kid unattended for a short period of time.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

We laughed so hard, even before we read the "oh crap" comment. The pictures say it all, hilarious! We have had a couple of poopy baths. I usually soak the bath toys in bleach for an hour or so after I get him clean again.

Sandra said...

You took pictures?!

And then posted them.

I'm speechless.

Adams Family said...

Hehehe…Annie that’s great! I thought Thomas was the only puppy boy around. Speaking of which, Thomas went pee-pee for the first time today. I had the potty in the living room and had him sit there the first thing this morning and watch a kid movie until he went…it didn’t take long…Hip-hip hurray! Well…I tried it again after the morning session of conference because he hadn’t made a poo-poo yet….Well I was feeding Samuel at the computer desk try to post on our blog…I hear some one playing with Samuels new, way expensive, but well worth it, play mat…. Then I hear Addie saying something to Thomas, like she was scolding him… I said Addie, did big boy make a stinky?” She said, “Yeah…” I said “really all excited and went in there still nursing Samuel…just to find half naked Thomas running around a two poops ON Samuels new play mat and a stream of pee! If the place didn’t smell so bad I would have taken a deep breath and counted to 10 but…let’s just say, no more potty’s in the living room… ;-) I should of taken a picture though
;-)