Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's Running Season

Wow, this week has gone by very fast and very slow at the same time. With the weather being all crazy snowy, then sunny, then snowy, we didn't really get out much which makes for a very grumpy Logan, and slightly grumpy Mommy, and a whiny Damon--who has just discovered his voice and makes a very high pitched squealing noise that sounds the same when he's happy, sad, bored, or tired, it was cute for about a minute, but after a constant 8 hours, not so cute.....anyway, we will just be glad when the weather is consistently warm and Daddy is done with school, until then, we'll just grin and bear it and "endure to the end" as best we can. :)

We actually did have some fun highlights this week despite the rather bleak beginning. Logan had fun smashing the squishy pillows in his head like a hat. Everything is either a hat or an airplane these days...."airplane food, airplane car, etc" And he likes cheesin' it for the camera too. :)

On Friday, we were planning on heading up to SLC to visit my aunt and to pick up my shirt for a 5k race that I ran on Saturday..well, that would still technically be today, anyway, I had to wait for a special package......

Our Double Jogging Stroller! And despite Logan's facial expression, he really loves it and actually cried when I had to take him out to fold it up and put it in the car.The color ended up being a lot different than we thought, so we are seeing if we can exchange it for a different color, because it was quite the investment, but at the same time, the color is growing on us, and if we're stuck with it, then oh well, I love the stroller itself. I'm really excited to start using it.So, we packed up and went to visit Aunt Diana. At first Logan was being really clingy and shy, which was okay, because Diana got to give Damon some extra attention, this being the first time she's seen him in person. Damon just loved her and had a great time, and Logan really loved it too after he warmed up a bit. Logan had just woken up from a nap early, and that will always make him a little cranky. In the end he was staring out the window looking at cars, exploring the house, going up and down the stairs counting, eating the tomatoes off the table...well more like taking a curious bite and then throwing it back in the box.As we were getting ready to leave Logan leaned up to Diana to give her kisses and said bye bye, without any prompting, it was too cute. We'll have to visit more often, especially when it gets warmer and we can have picnics in the backyard. :)

After my aunt's house, I met up with my sister-in-law to pick up our shirts for the race. Then we went over to a McDonald's Playplace to let our boys run around and play. Logan had a great time, but I knew it was time to go when he wouldn't stay in the play place and kept walking around to all the people in the restaurant saying "hi" (not a shy bone in his body, cranky: yes, shy: no)

So, the race was today, Saturday, and of course Damon slept all through the night from 9:00-6:00 all week long, but chose Friday night to wake up several times...oiy. It was probably a good thing in the end though because he got to eat twice before I left instead of just once...oh yeah, and then, they both decided to sleep in late....sure, sleep in late when Daddy is the one getting up with you ;) I digress. Back to the race, I headed up to the Running of the Leopards 5K and met up with our group at 7:00am and it was FREEZING! I'm glad that Morgan convinced me that I needed to wear long sleeves.

We got bused to the starting line and had to wait there another 20 minutes or so before the race. I could finally start feeling my toes by about the second mile and by the end I could feel my nose and fingers again....next time I'll be more prepared to run in the cold. My only goal for the 5k was to not walk at all once I started, which I accomplished. I figured if I did that I could finish in under 35 minutes. My time was 30:59!!!!!! I was pleasantly surprised when I came to the finish line. That's a pretty fast time for me especially since I haven't been running. I pushed it really hard and I'm going to pay for it in the days to come. And that's going to be a pretty high bar to start with, but I'm excited. I didn't realize how much the physical activity and just being outside really makes a difference.

After the race we got some things done around here and then we got to go hang out with some cousins. We haven't seen Phil and MeChel since Christmas, so it was really fun to see them. We went down to a park in Orem and I took some pictures and they all came out fuzzy except these two.

Damon rolling around on the blanket and Logan going down the slide with Daddy.It was a beautiful day! It did get a little chilly after a while, so we headed back to the house and had a chance to play a game. We were also able to pass along our single jogging stroller, so now I have another running buddy to do some 5k's down in this area with me. YAY! :)

Well, I better sign off for the night. Morgan and I are speaking in church tomorrow...I just hope my legs aren't so sore that I can barely stand up at the pulpit for 10 minutes. Until next time...

4 comments:

Mike and Quel said...

I actually really like the color! And its super good for drivers to see you, its definitely out there! I like the cheese faces from Logan:)

heidijogoody said...

Hey just think with that bright color you will be sure to be spotted when you are out running! I bet you will totally love it.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

You and I will have to go running while I am out there in May.

Adams Family said...

I wish I could run....or at least be brave enough to do it!