Sunday, March 22, 2009

For the Beauty of the Earth

What an exciting week, it was actually filled with lots of enjoyable activities...unfortunately I forgot the camera for some, or just forgot to take pictures, but I'll still tell you about them. :)

If you haven't read my Oh Crap post, you should scroll down and read it, because really that's how the week started off. On Thursday we went up to the Gateway Explorer Museum

Logan had a blast and hopefully we'll get to go more often. I still have a special place in my heart for the Museum in Oklahoma though, it was incredible.We met up with my sister in law and her kids by the fountains before and after we were done and Logan loved watching the water. Damon was pretty tuckered out by the end though and he just slept in the stroller, it was wonderful! We had a great day.

This past weekend was also the Relief Society Retreat for our ward. I had to take Damon with me, but he was such a champ, he went to bed a couple hours after we got there and slept all through the night without a peep. It was a blast and very much needed. I finally got our taxes finished and was sort of stressed out from all the hassle of it and this break was so awesome. We went up to a cabin in Midway and the view was so gorgeous, it just rejuvenated me and reminded me how much I love the Utah scenery. We played games and talked until the wee hours of the night, but it was worth the tiredness the next day.

Morgan took Logan up American Fork canyon the evening I left and they had some good father-son time. And when I got back on Saturday morning, I came home to a spotless house and the most wonderful husband in the world. We grabbed a bite to eat, let the boys take their nap and then Morgan stayed home from studying at work and we all took a drive up the canyon again. Logan loves to play around the water up at Tibble Fork Reservoir, he is such a boy and loves playing in the mud and throwing rocks in the water, sadly we forgot the camera, but we do have a year pass, so I'm sure we'll have plenty of other opportunities for some pictures.

We are so excited for the Spring and Summer and warmer weather so we can do more outdoor activities. I'm excited even just to go have picnics up the canyon with the boys during the day.


Damon loves to roll around and frequently gets stuck under our bed, but he sure loves to play with the bed-skirt.Logan loves to play with all the little parts of my sewing machine. He takes out all the different "feet" and zooms them around like cars.There's my cute little rolie polie bug again.And Logan cheesin' itAnd my two favorite boys in the whole wide world, I love you!

4 comments:

heidijogoody said...

That Childrens place is so fun for kids the girls loved it when we went there. And I bet it was a fun little relief society retreat I wonder why my ward doesn't do that!

Belle said...

In reply to your last post, Phil and I have actually been talking about buying a jogging stroller and if you still have your old one around we would love to buy it from you! Erin has a VERY nice jogging stroller that she ordered from Phil and Teds (an Australian company?) and she absolutely loves it and highly recommends it. Phil and I would love to get one like hers, but they are quite expensive (but well worth the price!).

Belle said...

I just wanted to add that we have even taken her double stroller with Soren and Andrew in it on hiking trails before! Surprisingly, it actually worked quite well!

Adams Family said...

We miss going to the museum with you guys!! But if I remember, I'll send your pass and the Birthday boy present in the mail on the marrow and you guys and got to the two in SLC!!! Hopefully....

All the talk about the canyons makes me more hesitant to come and visit....because it makes me think I'll want to move their even move their even more!