Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This week has been rough. We've all been a little under the weather still, Logan is about 80% better, I'm about 70% better, Morgan is 100% better and Damon is now about 20% sicker (he wasn't really very sick at all the whole time, but now he's catching it) Anyway, regardless of all that we still have a lot to be thankful for.

This Thanksgiving was a little odd since it was the first time we wouldn't be having Thanksgiving with family. Wait...that means I have to do all the cooking...hmmmm. Good thing it was only for the 4 of us though. :) We had some yummy steaks (yeah, there was no way I was attempting a turkey on my own) and we had some other traditional feast food like pumpkin pie, stuffing, candied yams, etc.

It's also been a little crazy around the house with the semester drawing to a close. This has by far been the toughest semester of school and we're counting down the days until he's done. It's going to feel like he's graduating in 2 1/2 weeks, but he'll only be finishing his 3rd semester and will have one more to go. After school is done, it will be nice to settle into a more normal routine, meaning one without school :) I'm so proud of Morgan though for all his hard work he puts into school to make sure that this little adventure in Oklahoma is a good one.

We got to do another Thanksgiving with some of our friends last night. We had a smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and other yummy food. It felt a lot more like Thanksgiving then.

I am so thankful for my family and for my precious little boys. I'm so grateful for the experiences we are having in Oklahoma and for our friends here that make it feel a little more like home. And I am thankful for my Savior who made it possible that we can all be together forever.

I guess I better post a few pictures too :) We don't have too many since I've been sick this week, it's been good that Morgan's had a little break from school this week to help take care of us. He's such a good husband and daddy!!!!
These are just some random headphones that Morgan used as earmuffs when he was using the power tools for our remodeling projects. Logan loved wearing them and kept walking around the house with them on.I can't believe how big and grown up he's getting. He is a chatterbox....if only I could understand what he was saying I'm sure we'd have some great conversations throughout the day.What a handsome little boy. Then we finally got some video of Damon. Up to this point he hasn't really done anything too exciting, but we finally caught some smiles. The better ones were before we got the camera out of course, but still his smile is contagious.


I know it's long, but he still has some family that hasn't seen him yet. He makes some cute little sounds in the video too. Well, until next time....

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh man that is too bad that you are still trying to get over your sickness and now Damon is getting it. I love the video of Damon smiling so cute.

Mike and Quel said...

The yr Mike and I find ourselves alone for Thanksgiving, we are doing Seafood dinner! I'm so excited! That little man is so cute! I am just now started to see the resemblance in his big brother from the video.

Belle said...

Damon is very cute in the video! He has a handsome little smile. Hope you all feel better soon!