Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Glimpse of the Future

November 2nd - November 8th

This was a pretty fun week. Damon is still doing better at taking naps on his own, but this week he started not feeling so good. I did get him to take a nap in the crib. I turned on the mobile, which we found out he loves, and Logan read to him. I wish now that I would have taken a video of it, but all I got were a few pictures.
Damon loved hearing his big brother read to him. I think Logan sat in there for about 20 minutes "reading" while Damon was falling asleep.
And of course, what is naptime without "Goodnight Moon."

This week has also been a week of mega-laundry catch-up. I think I did about 7 loads on Monday and I still had to do another five on Friday. I forgot how much you go through laundry with a baby that uses about 3 burp clothes and 2 blankets each day, not to mention all the onesies. Anyway, I was trying to fold a blanket and Logan kept running into the blanket to play peek-a-boo. I didn't get a ton of video, but he would walk around the house running into things and he though it was hilarious when he ran into something.



So, Thursday was my 24th birthday and I have to say it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. I wasn't feeling well and was getting sick, so was Damon, and Logan was being quite fussy and, if something could go wrong it did, so we decided I got a re-birthday on Friday, which was great because that's when most of the family called to say happy birthday anyway. Friday was a much better day. Morgan didn't have to do his usual clinical hours so he got to stay home with the boys while I did some much needed birthday clothes shopping. :) Yay for a Happy Birthday!

On Saturday we got a glimpse of the future. We got to babysit Brayden while Nola and Gary were at the temple with a couple of the kids who were going through for the first time. No, I'm not pregnant again, but someday we'll have three :) It was actually a fun afternoon. I'm glad Morgan was home with me though, so it wasn't as stressful. We started off the afternoon with some priesthood blessings. I usually wait until I'm really really sick to get a blessing, but I decided that with two kids and one depending on me for food that I don't want to get really sick. So Gary and Morgan gave me and blessing and then they gave Damon a blessing too. And I have to say that I truly have a testimony of the power of priesthood blessings, especially after yesterday. Damon was already starting to feel and be more calm within a few hours after the blessing and today I feel really good, not completely better, but I know I'm getting better and not getting worse. And, I can hardly hear any congestion in Damon today. What a blessing to have the priesthood in our home. I'm so grateful that I have a worthy husband that honors his priesthood so we can enjoy those blessings.

After Nola and Gary headed out, the boys decided to have a yelling contest. This only went on for about 10 minutes. Don't worry, the video isn't that long. We were cracking up though. At one point Brayden got so excited from yelling that he fell over and Logan just laughed at him. Damon, well, he was just so calm that afternoon that he fell asleep.





After the yelling contest, we all went outside, it was a beautiful day, it almost made me want to live in Oklahoma.......almost, until I got bit by two mosquitoes, then I knew it was time to go inside. The boys had fun though. Logan and Brayden pretty much entertained themselves and when Brayden was bad, we just locked him in the ottoman. He tried to escape a couple times, so we tossed in some graham crackers..............

...............just kidding Nola! :) Logan likes to climb in to reach the toys that he can't otherwise and Brayden kept trying to get in too, but was just a little too short, so we had to help. They had fun pulling every single toy out of the "toy box" After clean-up time we ate some dinner and both the kids ate really well and it actually wasn't any messier feeding two than it was just feeding Logan. Maybe Logan was just trying to be a good example or something, I don't know, but for whatever reason, dinner clean up wasn't too bad. After dinner they played with more cars and we only had to break up a couple fights, no black eyes, bleeding, or bruises, so I think we did pretty good at being referee. As they evening came on the kids were getting tired, so Morgan read them some stories.
What a sweet and wonderful husband I have!!!!! He was so wonderful to help me babysit. Overall, it was a roller coaster week, but still good. Oh what joys the future will hold.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Happy late birthday! I am sorry that your actual birthday wasn't all that great but glad you were able to do a redo on a different day. So it looks like you guys could handle twins :) Now you know what I do most of my days referee... yes even with girls.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

The yelling contest is something we have come to love. Anytime Donovan sees another child, he has to get excited and scream at the top of his lungs. It's even more fun when we are at church, it's not embarrassing at all! While it is cute when he does it at the mall play-yard, it's not so cute in the middle of the chapel.

I just love seeing pics of your boys, they are both so cute! Damon seems like such a sweet baby. Logan seems to love helping out with his little brother.

Emily said...

I love to see how your two boys interact with each other. They are so cute, especially how Logan read to Damon. Happy Late Birthday!