Friday, November 21, 2008

Food for Thought Friday

I really like the idea of posting a recipe every Friday along with my cousins and hopefully I'll get one posted each week. With cooler weather I've been experimenting with the Crockpot and soups. Here is one that we really liked:

Zucchini-Chicken Soup with Cheddar (Crockpot Recipe)

2 cans (14oz each) chicken broth (I actually just made my own broth with chicken boullion)
2 lg potatoes, chopped
1 cup water
1 zucchini, shredded
1/2 lb. cooked chicken, bite-size (I used one can of chicken..the kind you get at Cosco :)
1 cup carrots, baby or sliced
4 cloves garlic (I used 1/2 tsp garlic powder instead)
Dash of pepper
1 cup shredded cheese

*Combine all the ingredients - except cheese - in the crockpot. Cover and cook on Low for 5-6 hours or on High for 3-4 hours or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Stir in the cheese. Using a potato masher, partially smash the mixture - it makes it a little more chowder like-and a thicker soup. Serve immediately. It's really good with crackers, bread, or rolls. It makes quite a bit, so you'll have yummy leftovers.

1 comment:

Gary Goodman said...

What a great idea to share recipies. I wish we would have had blogs back in the olden days. I miss you so much. I told that to grandma and she said she got a pang of sorrow too. Well it won't be long till Christmas and then I can see you. I bet Daman has changed so much. Logan is the big brother now. Crazy
Love, Mom