Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

October 26th - November 2nd

Well since this week includes Halloween.....HAPPY HALLOWEEN! We went to a ward Halloween party and went "trunk-or-treating" and Logan could almost say trick or treat by the end of it. It was pretty fun, if only to start getting Logan excited for next year. The football costumes were a hit, but unfortunately I didn't take the camera to the party, so you'll just have to rely on last week's posts for the pictures. But I did take a picture of the cutest pumpkin in the whole world.
Mad-Dawg Hadlock, the cutest little pumpkin in Oklahoma County. :) (yes we still watch "Cars" on almost a daily basis)

So, I know I started out of order with Halloween being on Friday and all, so I guess I'll get back to the beginning of the week...sort of. This week Damon was 6 weeks old so we could go back to the gym and start working out. Babies have to be at least that old for the child-watch. So on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday I lifted weights and on Tuesday and Thursday I ran 3 miles each day. I forgot how much of a total body workout running is, so I decided to take a break on Saturday and instead I ended up making two grocery store trips and a trip to the Science Museum..I'll talk about that later though. It feels really good to workout even though all my muscles are still sore. I've had a lot more energy this week and it's nice to have a little time to myself. I didn't realize how much I missed that physical activity until I was told not too. (doctors usually say no heavy lifting, exercising..etc until after your 6 week post-partum checkup) We'll see how long this routine lasts, but Logan loves getting to play with other kids and the workers there love Damon and I enjoy the momentary silence and being able to think..or not think, whichever I feel like. Okay enough about that, back to the kids.
Logan has been a total Daddy's boy this week and periodically throughout the day he'll say "where dadda? where dadda?" It's really cute if it weren't so sad too when I have to tell him he's not home yet. Whenever Morgan comes home Logan runs to the door or starts shouting, Dadda, Dadda. This day in particular he had missed his nap and was extra fussy, especially when I needed daddy to hold Damon while I got dinner ready. We put in "Cars" and within seconds he had curled up on Morgan's arm and fell asleep.
He still didn't get a long enough nap and was really grumpy the rest of the night, especially when Morgan had to go to YM, but we survived and he actually went to bed nicely.
Damon has been doing better with his sleeping too. He lets me put him down for at least 2 or 3 naps a day. I've been avoiding chocolate and eating healthier (Logan preferred it that way too, alas my children are forcing me to eat better) and using gas drops and he's been much happier. This past week he's been consistently sleeping a 6-8 hour stretch when I put him to bed....so, if he went to bed later he would technically be sleeping through the night, but he usually goes to bed about the time of Logan (around 8:00) so we still get up once in the middle of the night, but I don't mind since he's goes back to sleep quickly and I get to go to bed early and get several consecutive hours of sleep.
Logan loves computers. I'm sure you've seen past pictures and posts when he was younger of him going to town on my laptop. Now he's interested in the big computer, so we let him play around on it for a little while......big mistake, now he wants to play with the keyboard all the time and he's almost irresistible when he looks up at you and says "peeeze" (while signing "please") but that soon falls apart when you say no, not right now Buddy and he gives you and ear-piercing scream and cries for at least 5 minutes before you can get him distracted with anything else. :)
The other day Logan was being a little temperamental about his nap and I went in to go turn the music back on and tuck him in and this is what I saw. He had pulled the cable and phone jack out of the wall. Needless to say, I was quite upset, so the only thing I could do was take a picture. Alas, I fear I have a little distructo-boy on my hands when he wants attention. We'll have to work on that.

I mentioned that on Saturday I made two grocery trips. Well, on the way to Walmart I needed gas, so I pulled into the station.
Yep, gas is under $2.00 in Oklahoma City. Woohoo!
But wait, what's this, it's only registering as $1.97/gallon.

So, I look back up and yep, prices are really $1.97/gallon. And that folks is just about as fast as prices have been dropping. I really hope it doesn't start going back up after the election is over. At this rate we'll be under $1.00/gallon by 2009 (yeah, I know, it won't really happen, but it's wishful thinking :)
After our grocery shopping trips and naps and lunch we went with Nola and Brayden to the Science Museum and it was sooooo awesome. They have a real hands-on kids zone where they can play and run around. They had a water area to discover what does and doesn't float and how you can change the flow and direction of the water with dams. Logan loved that best, mostly because there were lots of floating cars in the water that he could play with. He was soaked in about 10 minutes of course, but he had a blast. We were there for about an hour and I think he had so much fun playing with Brayden and being able to run around and I didn't have to worry about him breaking or touching anything. We have a membership there, so we'll definitely be making this a more regular activity, especially since it's starting to get colder and it's an indoor activity. I'll definitely bring the camera next time.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Wow that is awesome about the gas. We are still at almost 2.50 here so I don't know what is up with that. I love that picture of Logan cuddled up to his dad sleeping that is so cute. And wow already starting early bed times with Damon that is a smart mom. I am glad he is sleeping so well for you.

Mike and Quel said...

I have no idea what the gas is here, I never look. But 2 bucks is cool! I know that my city is the highest in Wy, yea us. The boys looked cute in there costumes. Happy halloween. I hope you can see our blog ok now...

Kim said...

197? Is that a joke. We are about a dollar up from that. That is awesome. I like lookin at you with two kids cause thats going to be us pretty soon