Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Football Season

October 19th - 26th

Well, Halloween is approaching and I'm finding it really hard to get in to the holiday spirit of it all. I think I feel like the kids are still a little too young to get excited about everything. I did feel guilty enough to attempt to make some home-made costumes. I think they turned out pretty good. :)
Damon's football is more of a pouch to keep him warm and Logan's is more of an outfit. I made them out of some brown fleece that I found for a decent price at Walmart. I actually made both costumes for under $15!!!
Logan wasn't too sure about the costume. He'd actually been kind of cranky and clingy that day, but I insisted on pictures, so that's what I get. When we go to the actual Ward Halloween Party we'll stuff him, so he'll be nice looking pumped up football.
My boys are so cute (all 3 of them) ....I'm actually more excited about Halloween now that they have costumes :)

So, that was one of my big projects this week and it was quite the challenge. Damon has been craving attention...meaning he won't let me put him down practically at all, which means Logan doesn't get as much one on one time, which equals two very fussy and demanding kids. I'm learning though. Thank goodness for slings and Baby Bjorn. :) We did have a breakthrough this weekend though. We thought Damon had reflux, so we tried some medicine for a week and I didn't really feel like anything changed, so I stopped using it and Saturday I tried some gas drops....it turns out he suffers from...yep...GAS! He's been soooo wonderful since I started using the gas drops. WOO HOO! We'll see if it keeps up and that really is the reason.
He's even been taking his naps on his own without me having to hold him to keep him asleep. I think I might be able to handle this two baby thing now...I was really beginning to wonder this week. :)
awww, so precious!

So, last Sunday our kitchen sink broke, so on Monday the boys and I went to Home Depot, got the parts and got it all fixed. WooHoo I can do dishes again.....hey, wait a minute. Let's see, what else have we been up to this week:
I tried a new hairstyle on Logan. His hair was finally long enough to spike again.

He wasn't too sure about it though. He was more interested in the hairspray...yes I used hairspray and the blow dryer to get his 'do' to stay.Actually, he was crying most of the time I was trying to do his hair, it was a one time thing I guess, I'm glad I got some pictures though."Mom, never again will I let you put girly smelling hairspray in my hair"Logan loves fruit in almost any shape or form. These plums weren't the best, but he still ate them. You can see he's got his cheeks full, but still wants more.Mmmmm, tastyAt least he's eating something. :) Actually his appetite has been doing much better lately. Damon has no problems with his appetite though, he loves his mama milk.We've been playing outside even though it's cold. His coat just barely fits him still. He actually likes having the hoods on, bonus for me I guess. He loves running around in the backyard and I can just take a chair out and hold the baby and watch him when the weather is good enough....which is rarely, but at least once this past week. :)Logan's favorite time of the night is brushing his teeth with daddy. We ask if he's ready to brush his teeth and he runs to the bathroom. He's watching daddy brush his teeth in these pictures.Look at all those beautiful chompers. Hopefully he'll continue to love to brush his teeth as he grows up. He even does pretty good by himself, though he usually just ends up chewing on the toothbrush and then sucking all the toothpaste out, but it's a good start. :)

Well, sorry if this post was kind of random, I was putting things up throughout the week. I might just have to start posting more often so our posts aren't so long. Thanks for reading...until next time.

4 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Good job on the costumes they turned out good. when you have to buy for two little kids you kind of wonder if it is worth it so it is nice if you can do it for cheap. I have been lucky to get last years goods the day after for 5.00 so not too bad. Glad to hear Damon doesn't have reflux. A mommy knows best. Cute little guys!

Mike and Quel said...

You know what works well when I do Linc hawk... baby lotion. I used it in the first place so his head would smell like a beautiful baby, but then it made it hair stay. So that's what I always do now. Sorry you guys cant' come to the wedding:( I'm going to call you again today....

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

You guys have such darling boys!!!
I can't believe Damon is a month old!! He is so cute!

I love the costumes! Great job!

Belle said...

Those costumes are the best! What a great idea! My sympathies on the clingy baby thing. MaKenna has been pretty clingy lately too, so I've just been strapping her to me while I vacuum and pick up the house and do the dishes. Sometimes it feels like you just can't get anything done!