Thursday, October 16, 2008

They Grow So Fast

October 12th - 19th

I can't believe that Damon is already a month old. Time has really flown by. It's been a good time though. :) He had his checkup and he already weighs 10 lbs 1 oz (that's already half as much as Logan weighs right now) and he was about 21.5 inches tall. He's the 50-75% for height and weight. He's growing very healthy right now. We all ended up getting shots. Me and Logan got our flu shots, weren't planning on it, but they were doing them, so we decided to go ahead and get it over with. And of course Damon had to get another baby immunization. Luckily Logan didn't cry too long and Damon fell asleep pretty quickly, so I had two screaming babies for just a few minutes.

We think Damon might have a little reflux though...it runs in both sides of the family and the last week or so he's really been puking up a whole lot more after feedings and he gets really fussy when you put him on his back and always wants to be held or sitting up. Hopefully it will just be a temporary thing and will pass as he gets older. The Dr. gave us a little reflux medicine to see if that makes things better. He seems to do pretty good when I lay him down a little elevated or on his side.
The beginning of this week has been cold and rainy, it's been a nice change, but it also makes me more hesitant to take the kids anywhere. We still did our grocery shopping and the Dr. appointment, but we've been doing more activities at home too. Logan loves playing with play dough and crayons now...well if you count about 10 minutes of attention span...which is a lot for him. :)
Friday was nice enough to go to the park so we played there with Nola and Brayden for a couple hours. Morgan had to work that night, so it was nice to get Logan good and tired so he would go to bed easier. I didn't have the camera though. oh well, next time.

Oh yeah, on Tuesday we rented the new Indiana Jones from Redbox (it was just a little over the top, but still fun to watch). Damon fell asleep sitting up on Morgan's lap. :)

I bundled him up and laid him on his side and he was out like a light in no time.Then this little guy woke up from his nap and wanted to see the baby. He always has to know where Damon is or he gets upset. It's really cute. One night he wouldn't go back to sleep until I showed him that Damon was in the crib and sleeping too.Anyway, Logan ran in the room and yelled "Baby!" and it startled Damon into the "Thriller" pose. It was really funny, and he didn't even wake up. :)

One of our activities during the day is playing the piano. Usually I just keep it on all day and periodically he'll jump up there and start playing for a while. It's nice to keep him occupied while I'm feeding Damon.On Saturday morning there was a baptism of one of our primary kids, so I needed to be there, but Morgan had to work in the morning, but I braved it and took both the kids with me. I figured Damon would just sleep in the carseat the whole time (which he did thank goodness) and I could run around after Logan and have a friend keep an eye on the baby. :) Logan was a handful and really full of energy, but we made it through alive and hopefully without too much disruption. Anyhow, when we got home, I was exhausted from holding him (and struggling at that) for an hour basically, so I put on Cars and in about 15 minutes he had fallen asleep on the couch (holding his Cars book) . This is the first time he's ever just fallen asleep like that, so I had to get a picture. :)

Later that night we were watching football and Damon was being nice and cuddly, so Morgan snapped a picture.

Logan even took a second nap on Saturday (he had a rough night before and woke up really early). When he woke up he came out and cuddled a little on the couch. One of his favorite things to do is stand on the couch and look out the window. (Yes, that is tape where we have had to fix the blinds from him pulling them away to look at the window.

All in all, it was a busy, but fun week and we just keep looking forward to more. Damon has been easier to put down for bed at night this past week. I wish I could say he was still sleeping 7 hours, but I think that was just a one time fluke. His usual is anywhere from about 3-5 hours at night, which is okay if I don't have to spend and additional hour trying to get him back to sleep, so it's all working out. I'm learning how to function sleep deprived, just like every other mom out there. It's really amazing how the Lord blesses you with the strength to do what we need to do as parents when all logic says it's impossible. Which brings me to my final thought for the week. When we were at the park another mother of two and I were chatting and she said, "wow you're brave" when she found out our kids were only 17 months apart. Hers were about 4 years apart. I don't really remember my response, but I wish I would have said, "Not brave, but blessed" we truly have been blessed to have these boys in our home as crazy as things get, they always remind me of a greater purpose of our life and this short mortality we've been given. I hope we have the opportunity to be blessed with many more special spirits in our home.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

The girls both had acid reflux and the doctor put them on previcid and that really helped them. Hopefully the medicine will help Damon out too. I totally agree that the lord blesses moms and dads in so many ways especially when it seems like life is so crazy. The lord will only give us what we can handle and no more so if ever I feel over whelmed I always try to think about that and I know it will all be ok.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Ever since we had Donovan, life has just seemed to fall into place. The Lord truly blesses us when we bring little children into the world. I love how Damon looks like such a little chunk! I want to squeeze his cute little cheeks! I am planning on seeing you guys over Christmas break, even if I have to drive down to St. George!!

Mike and Quel said...

I am just barely reading 4 weeks worth! Man I never get the time anymore. Looks like all is well, thats good. Linc has those same bath time alphabets! And I love the 'halk.' Linc isn't ready for the day until his hair is done. At least you have one baby now that doesn't look like he's going to be hard to feed!