Sunday, October 12, 2008

Damon's Blessing

October 5th - 12th

This week has been quite eventful. I'm getting better at getting two kids ready in the morning... along with myself...and getting out the door to run errands and such. This week I tried to take more pictures, seeing as how we've been slacking on that. So, the week pretty much just goes along with the pictures. :)

This is Damon just chillin' in the Boppy. He's usually happier if he's snuggled in the pillow in his crib during the day, but he sleeps okay without it at night.

Logan has been a little more dependent on his "bear and binky" and the two are often inseparable, but we are going to try and break that habit more and more each day so we're back to only naptimes, but sometimes it's just easier to give in and only have one baby crying. :)

Logan loves his little brother and anytime he cries or makes noises, he calls out "baby, baby"....except at night, they have been sleeping great in the same room. I think they both like the company. This was our first week with them together and Logan has only woken up and come out of his room once. We've had a couple of rough nights between the two of them with Logan teething and Damon going through a growth spurt, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Damon went 7 hours!!!!! between feedings last night. Logan was sleeping through the night (7-8 hours) by the time he was 6 weeks, so hopefully Damon will follow suit.

I've been trying to teach Logan how to do somersaults and told him to show me one and all I got was some squatting. We'll keep working on it though. :) Usually he'll stick his head on the ground with his tush up in the air. I wish I were still as flexible as he is right now.

Damon has been doing a lot of chillin' this past week when he's sleeping so that I can try and be more interactive with Logan. He's starting to actually like the swing. I use it when I'm showering where I can put him in a bedroom and close the door so Logan can't get him. It's come in handy too when we're all trying to eat dinner or I'm trying to feed Logan lunch and he'll just swing in the kitchen with us.
Damon loves being cuddled up in his side. He's resting against the back of the couch and he just looked so cozy I couldn't help but take a picture.

And here is our little champ again, he's getting so big and so tough. He's been lifting his head up and trying to see the world around him since the day he was born, he especially loves to look out of the blinds. He's going to love being outside, just like his big brother.
And this is Logan's new favorite position for watching Cars after lunch and just before his nap. (I use that time to either pick up the house, pay the bills or get anything else done that is almost impossible to accomplish with Logan hanging on my legs. :)
Yesterday we got to go to the park with and meet up with some friends. We got the kite the day before and Logan was a little scared of it, but we tried again and he seemed to like it more..until he found some people playing with a ball...

then of course he had to go and play. I have no idea who they were, but they were really nice and humored Logan for a while and played with him while Morgan went to go get a couple balls that we keep in the trunk of the car for just this occasion. :) What a good daddy!It's so fun to have kids at different stages now. It makes things a lot more interesting when we go places or when we're playing. Logan LOVES to play ball. Soccer, basketball, football, it doesn't matter as long as it involves a ball.Logan in the back. That's his friend that we met up with. We had to get two balls to keep them happy, that way they each got their own. It kept them entertained though and kept them from wandering too far.


Logan is learning how to go on slides too. He was really getting the hang of it and starting to like it more and more. These slides were a little bit bigger than the slide he got used to at Grandma's house last time we were there.

And finally on to the big event: Damon's Blessing. I know we didn't really get the word out before hand, but we figured that it would be pretty hard for anyone to make it all the way out to Okie for it. Morgan did an awesome job and so did Damon AND Logan. :) I was a bit nervous I would end up out on the hallway if Logan got fussy, but he just sat on my lap and ate some fruit snacks and was just fine. We took a few pictures before church:

He just barely fit into the same outfit that Logan wore for his blessing. I fed and bathed him just before church and he was out like a light almost the entire meeting block.

He's so precious. It looks like he got a little bit of the rosy cheeks that Logan has.I love my little baby boy!

So does his daddy!And so does his big brother. :) I was a little nervous and though Logan might push the baby off him if we tried to take pictures, but he just loves that little guy.

This one is a little fuzzy, but it was just too sweet not to post, Logan was leaning in to give him kisses.My two sweet boys. What a joy and blessing it is to have them both in our lives. We love them so much!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I liked this post with lots more pictures to see :) The boys are both so cute and you are so lucky to already have Damon sleeping as long as he is at night. It took until 9 months to get our girls sleeping through the night. I am glad to hear that Logan is adjusting well to the new baby.

The Shill Spill said...

Such cute boys you have Morgan and Annie! I love the blessing outfit! I hope that the blessing day was as good as it sounded.
Sounds like you have motherhood for two all figured out. :)

Jessica said...

Annie your boys are too cute! Congratulations on such a cute family!