Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference Weekend

September 28th - October 5th


Well, we made it another week. Just before my mom left she said, you'll be fine and you'll feel better and better each day and she was right. Each day I'm feeling more and more like myself and having to take less and less pain medication.


This week Morgan had his first Physics Exam. This is the hardest class he'll have to take, the professor even started the course by telling them all that they would fail his tests and that he could hardly even pass his own tests, anyway, Morgan has been doing a lot of studying, he's not quite sure how he feels about the test, but deep down I think he did a lot better than he thinks, that's usually been the case. At this point though, all he needs is a passing grade and to get through this semester. He only has two more weeks where he has to teach his own class and then after that it should open up a little more time for studying which will be nice.


Me and the boys decided to venture out a little more this week. We went grocery shopping on Monday (note to self, never try to go to both grocery stores in one day, let alone one right after another). I was so anxious to just get it done I think we all over did it, but at least Logan fell asleep on the way home. On another day we went up to Babies R Us to pick up a baby bathtub that we can put in the tub so we can give the boys baths at the same time and I picked up a training potty for Logan although he's definitely not ready for potty training I figured it can't hurt to have it in the bathroom for him to get used to.


As we pulled up in the driveway from Babies R Us, there is a GIANT dog sitting on our front porch...seriously, if the dog would have jumped on me, it would have knocked me over. So, here I am sitting in the car, I honk, nothing...I can't let Logan walk to the door for fear that the dog will eat him, that and he's sleeping, so I'd have to carry him in, and then the dog really could knock us over. Damon is starting to get fussy, so I call Morgan, mostly just to let him know..he's at work and couldn't really do anything about it anyway. So, I get out of the car, lock the doors (yes, I left the boys in there, don't report me to social services) and sneak over to the neighbors house and see if Howard can come and scare the dog away for me. He did and I'm sure he was sort of chuckling inside and my nervousness, but I've been told that there are a lot of wild dogs in Oklahoma and who knows if this one had rabies or would eat me or Logan. That was pretty much our most exciting thing that happened this week. :)


On Friday we got a special treat! Grandpa came to visit one evening on his way home from some business trips, his flight just happened to come through OKC :) Me and the boys picked him up from the airport and we got to enjoy the whole evening together and in no time Grandpa and Logan were playing with cars and Logan was babbling away telling Grandpa everything that had happened since the day he was born I suppose...I really wish I could understand him right now, it would make things so much easier....mostly it goes like this: asleiawb a dlvadoiga;ldfkg "car" asldkfjaw;le "car" laksdoiawej flkadjf "ball" "ball" aslkdfjawo;eijf;adjf "car" And during that whole time he has a look of concern and seriousness on his face, it's so cute, someday we'll catch it on camera.


This weekend was General Conference, my favorite times of the year. After the first session I had cabin fever, it's been building up all week, so we went for a walk in between sessions and got a slush at Sonic. Logan walked for quite a bit of the mile and half and Damon slept the whole time. Logan slept through the second session....well actually I think we all slept through at least part of the second session, I'll have to read the talks again later.


On Sunday...well, today :) we decided since it would be very crowded and it would help us stay awake we went to our ward house for the first session. It was good and Damon slept through all but the last 5 minutes when he woke up and decided that he was starving. We came home at lunch and now the second session is about to start, so I better wrap things up here. All in all we're doing good and I love just being able to be a mom and I can't wait until I have a little more energy to start playing around some more. Until next time, a few pictures.....

Fuzzy picture, but it's Baby Damon sporting his mohawk, I love it.Grandpa G and Baby Damon.

9 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

He just keeps getting cuter! When I read your blog, I try to imagine myself in your shoes and I think you handle everything much better than I would. That is fun that you got to spend some time with your dad. I just love your parents, they are (almost) the greatest.

heidijogoody said...

I actually did the same thing when I got the girls potty's. I put them in the bathroom and would kind of talk to them when we would go in there and occaisionally if I could catch them in the act I would take them and put them on the potty. When I finally decided to potty train them (once they turned 2) they were good and ready and it actually went really well. So I think it is great that you already got him a potty to get used to seeing around. Now about that dog thing I would have done the same thing you did. I am always terrifed, especially when I have the girls with me, when I see a stray dog running around because you never know if they are mean or not. The baby is still looking as cute as ever.

Lesa said...

he is so cute and sweet! Thanks for posting the pictures! This last week I had a run in with a dog too (weird) I took Chelsea to the park and as we were walking back home a huge dog was blocking the entrance we normally go through. I backtracked and walked a block or two extra so we could avoid it.

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

Your boys are super cute. Congrats on the new addition. I loved your Dog story. It sound like something I would do. The best part is that you called you husband even though you know he couldn't help. I do that all day long, and Shawn always says well what do you want me to do? So funny.

Tosha G said...

He is such a cutie. I have to admit the dog would have scared me as well.

Jessica said...

Oh Annie, he's so adorable! I've been meaning to get on here for a while, and Jon kept telling me how cute he was, but I could never remember. Mostly because I'm never on the computer for long these days. Anyways, he's really super cute. And two is great. Stressful at times, but so was one. :) We're loving it. We're going to be coming your way in about two weeks. We'll be there from the 21st through the 28th. So not long, but we should get together all the same.

Kylee said...

Damon is so cute! Seeing him makes me baby hungry-dangit! :)

Thanks for the tip on the food storage blog-very informative!

Let me know if you ever want to contribute to the blog!

Sarah said...

Annie!!! I found you!!! I love your babies. They are soooo cute, I wish you lived closer!!! Love you!

Robyn said...

Annie, I don't know if I commented before, but I love what a little butterball Damon is. I can tell he is smaller than my son was, but he has the same little rounded look in his pictures. I love that! He looks like such a sweet babe too. I'm glad you're doing good, just keep hanging in there. I obviously don't know what it will be like yet, but I am sure you're doing great ;)