Sunday, December 7, 2008

One Week Down, Two to Go

Well, we have made it through another week of the semester, only two more left. Morgan took his graduation photos this week, and it just seems sort of surreal that he is almost done with school. He did his big presentation in his Physics class and "only" has the huge remaining absurdly comprehensive final. I think that is on Dec. 16th. His other classes are requiring a couple presentations as well and I think he's about halfway done with that.
We all finally got better this week and aren't battling any colds, but Logan is battling the teething monster. All 4 of his canine teeth are coming in at the same time...that happened with his molars too. Anyway, he's been waking up a lot in the middle of the night and either ends up on futon with daddy or sometimes in bed with us if it's early enough. He's a bed hog though and very fidgety...kind of like his mommy :)
Damon does really well sleeping though and sometimes will go 9 hours woohoo. He'll usually do somewhere between 6-8 on a regular basis, which is basically through the night. We got lucky with that. And with the fact that I basically put Damon down for bed when he's still awake and he already puts himself to sleep...I wish he would do that during the day, but no, he likes to be held during the day, but for a good night's rest, I think it's a worthy trade.

This week has also been filled with lots of Christmas music...even though I've been secretly listening to it since Halloween. Christmas just doesn't feel the same in Oklahoma though, last year everything was just so new that I didn't notice I guess, but I really miss the snow and I'm looking forward to our visit to Utah. I guess not a whole lot has happened this week and we've been kind of boring.

I did get a few pictures of Logan though. His new thing is pushing the kitchen chairs up against the counters and getting everything down...including the steak knives, I'll have to find a new place for them. I have resorted to putting up the gate when I have to feed the baby, or shower, or do anything that might get him out of sight or hearing range for a few minutes. This is what I caught him doing the other day.

He reached up on the counter and pulled the bread box open and starting taking a bite out of every piece of bread. It's was only 11:00, but I took that as a cue that he was hungry so we had an early lunch.And actually I was happy that he was actually eating the bread on his own, he hasn't been a huge fan and now he'll eat it, so it's one more thing I can add to his menu. :)This is classic though. I asked Logan "what are you doing buddy?" and he looked at me with this silly grin and I caught it just in time. He is very mischievous and my ultimate mess-maker, but we love him anyway. :)

Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Damon since I've been holding him all week long. He's been kind of fussy again...I don't think he likes eggnog. I was so intent on making it feel like Christmas that I bought some and I devoured the whole half gallon in a week. I guess I need to drink it with a little more reserve and ration. Anyway, it's hard to take pictures of the baby and hold him at the same time, but I'll try and get some this week, if not, just check out the cute video from our last post. Until next time.....

5 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Wow Damon already pretty much sleeping through the night and MOrgan almost done with school that is great! The girls do the same thing with my chairs now I have resulted to putting them upside down on the table, like you would see at a restraunt that is closed, and then they can't push them around the room and climb up and get into trouble.

Mike and Quel said...

What a cute mischievous face. I'm sure Linc is going to be my crazy mischief boy. He has already began. I gate up the living room when I'm not feeling so hot and nap on the couch while Linc roams around. I love the gates!

Kate said...

Those pictures of Logan eating the bread are too funny! I love how he took a bite from each piece. I'm glad you are all feeling better. That's exciting you guys are coming to UT for Christmas, I bet you can't wait!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Those pictures are classic. What a cutie. I think my parents want to go down south for a few days while I am out there so I hope I will get to see you guys!

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

How exiting that Morgan is almost done! That is crazy!

Damon and Logan are SOOOOO cute!! I love all the pics you have posted!