Sunday, June 19, 2011

Running

Now that the warm weather has finally hit, I've been running a lot more with my friend and I forgot how much I really do like running....maybe not the actual running, but how I feel after. :)

Our first 5k race was in April and we've done one every month since then and plan to keep doing one a month for the rest of the year. Although in July we're going to do a 10k and in August a 10 miler, then I'm back to 5k's.

We've been running about 3 miles three times a week and this past weekend we ran our first "long" run to build up and train for the 10 mile...ok, it was only 4 miles, but that is the farthest I have ever run at one time and we didn't stop to walk at all and we finished in about 38:00, so we had about a 9:30 mile the whole time, which is pretty fast for us considering we feel pretty good when we average a 10:00 mile.

I'm hoping that even if I get pregnant (no, I'm not right now) by the end of the year I'll still be able to keep up with the running and exercise. Tragon's pregnancy just about did me in, I gained the most weight and it was a struggle to lose it all and I really don't ever want to go back to that again. (although if a crappy and heavy pregnancy guarantees me a great/fast recovery and a really really good baby, it might be worth it, I have done it once now)

Exercise definitely gives me more patience and energy throughout the day and Morgan and I trade off days running, so it's something we can work on together and motivate each other. I love the warm weather. :)


No comments: