Sunday, June 19, 2011

D.J.H.

I love my little Damonater, but he and I butt heads the most. I don't know what it is, but my temper seems much shorter with him. I do keep reminding myself that he's only 2, but he really does know better. He has a fascination with any sort of liquid and I usually can't leave him at the table with an open cup of anything or it ends up all over the floor and the table.

He's still Logan's little shadow, but I see him wanting to break out of that and be his own little person, I think he's still just trying to figure out what he really likes. He melts my heart when he wraps his pudgy little hands around my neck and says, "I love you mom, you're my best friend" it makes me forget all his misbehavior for a few moments at least until he's off testing his boundaries again.

When my parents were up this weekend, my dad and I took him with us for a little shopping trip while Morgan had Logan and my mom stayed with sleeping Tragon. I asked him a few of his favorite things; Color: red Word: Damon Number: 2 Friend: Buddy (or Scott, I asked him a couple times to see if the answer would be the same) Letter: X

I hope I get to spend some more one on one time with my boys more often as they are growing up so fast. Once Logan starts pre-school in the Fall, Damon will be the "oldest" and I'm sure we'll be able to bond a little more. He still loves trains and cars and digging in the dirt. He doesn't care about being dirty or messy (unless Logan points it out) and he loves to tease! He is very sweet with Tragon most of the time, but has his moments...let's just say they are not allowed in the same vicinity without adult supervision. :)

I love my Damon and his big blue eyes always make me smile!

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Funny how we just sometimes butt heads more with one kid then another - I am that way with Lily! Also good job on the running and gardening