Sunday, June 19, 2011

L.E.H

Logan is my little boy now. He loves to go to the library and read. He can get dressed all by himself and usually picks out his clothes for the day. (If only we could get the wiping thing down, we'd be set) He's a really good big brother. I'm excited for him to start preschool in the Fall and for all the things he's going to learn and the friends he's going to make.

He loves to be outside and draw chalk roads and parking lots on the driveway (well, he likes me to draw them because if he touches the chalk he gets too dirty). He loves being outside and while he loves the concept of water and watching it go down the drain and throwing water balloons, he's really not a huge fan of actually getting wet. It's something we're working on and I've gotten him to to run through the sprinkler once. :)

Lately he has really turned a corner with his eating habits (knock on wood) and the other day he actually came to the table without already protesting that he hated whatever we were having and ate the taco salad...it was more like nachos since I left off the lettuce, but he ate the chips with meat and beans and cheese...really I was flabbergasted, it was a huge step forward. Then, last night, he actually ate the tuna casserole that Morgan requested for Father's Day. All the boys ate it, I guess I'll be fixing that meal more now. He's been better about actually trying something first before absolutely putting his foot down.

He loves to go down and help me water the garden and gets just as excited as me when something is growing. I hope that when harvesting time comes he'll be just as excited to try and eat the food that we have grown.

Logan is just as much of a tease as Damon and lately has been into the whole peer pressure thing, as in I'll tell him not to do something, like don't turn on the hose and then I'll hear him saying, "Damon, go turn on the hose" oiy! We've had a few talks about that. And, he'll laugh when I'm disciplining Damon, but he came up with his own way to calm down after he got sent to time out too for that. He takes a deep breath and says "whew, mom, I just need to take a deep breath and calm down so I don't laugh" I could probably take a few lessons from him in that department. :)

I loves my Logan and it has been so fun to see him growing up...sad, but fun. :)


1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

He sounds mischevious like my girls can be :)