Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reading

There is something about summer that always inspires me and gets me back on the bandwagon of reading. I have not been able to get enough reading in lately. It helps me fall asleep to read at night and Morgan doesn't mind when it usually involves me scratching his head until he falls asleep too while I'm reading. :)

A few of the books that I have read recently are:

The Healing Spell
Cross My Heart
Stonefox
A Taste of Blackberries
Pieces of Paris
A Girl of the Limberlost
Dragon Slippers (all 3 in the series)
The Thirteenth Tale
Trespass
She Walks in Beauty
Dragon Prince
The Hourglass Door

Most of them are YA books, which are easy to read and put down when I need to and they are relaxing, but I do have on my list...which is about to 100...a few more thought provoking books. We have been going to the library almost once a week and Logan and Damon have loved picking out books and have had a lot of fun reading too.

Occasionally we'll even get a movie or two for the boys. Sometimes we'll go outside and read our books on a blanket on the grass, or get some snacks and have a little read-a-thon. I know my pace has been pretty fast reading lately, so I hope that I can curb it down a little at a time so I don't just completely quit reading again, it's just so much better than watching all the garbage on TV. So, here's to a happy summer of reading. If you know any good books, let me know. And I also have an account on goodreads if you really care to see what else is on my to-read list. :)

1 comment:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Have you read any Elizabeth Gaskell? I discovered her a few years ago and LOVE her novels. She's a little like Austen, but her characters are a little more dynamic and there are many story lines. A few I love are North and South, Wives and Daughters, and Cranford.