Wednesday, July 1, 2009

LIfe without Internet

Where to begin? We've had some issues with internet and switched providers so we have been without for a while. I typed up this whole blog post, but for some reason I can't copy and paste, but here it is anyway, typed for the second time. This will definitely be a long post, but that's a good thing because that means we've been having lots of fun. On the home front we have had several people come and look at the house, but no offers yet. We both feel confident however that something turn up eventually. We have been doing some house repairs...sort of this week. It all started when we were going to do some touch up paining, but as we looked closer the walls were pretty beat up and we couldn't get the right color to match even when we took a sample of our wall in to color match, anyway, needless to say our entire house now has a new fresh coat of paint and I have to say it looks pretty good and I'm glad that we did it although it has been pretty stressful. We rented a huge ladder go get to the stairwell area and while we were at it, organ installed some blinds in our very top window that use to be bare, he's such a handyman, I sure love him! Okay so back to the beginning of the week...sort of, in particular Thursday of last week (this post goes from last Sunday21st -Sunday 28th) We had the Hadlock Family Reunion. It was really fun, we ended up being there a little late because we were also packing and getting ready for a weekend camping trip and we both had dentist appointment that morning. Morgan didn't have anything, but me, I get to have a dental implant :( It's a 3-part procedure that takes about a year and on Tuesday I had my tooth extracted (I like saying that better than pulled, it sounds more excruciating...because it was) then they fill the hole with some bone graft material and while they're at it, they'll patch up a couple fillings. That has to heal for about 4-6 months before parts 2 and 3. But of course other than that my teeth look great! Here are some reunion pictures:
So we get on the road to the reunion and get there and grab a bite to eat. We get to chat and visit and play. Logan had a blast! He loves being outside and playing with other kids. Damon had a great time too, so good it was torture trying to get him to take a nap. Then as things were winding down and we were getting ready to leave for the campground I noticed that Logan was not with the other cousins he's been following around all day. I start looking and then my gut sinks when I have to ask for help because I can't find him, so several of us start looking around and I see another cousin coming from the golf course adjacent to the park we were at, I just knew that Logan had to be with her, so we asked and as we're walking out onto the green you have to cross a little stream. We asked Erin if Logan was with her and her response was "oooh water." Oh great, my son is floating down a little golf course stream, but for some odd reason I'm not really panicking, just nervous, and feeling like a neglectful and incompetent parent. Then I hear, we found him. Apparently he was chasing the golf carts on the course and Morgan had jumped a 6 foot fence in a single bound...well maybe not quite, but at least he made it over. We got Logan and decided it was probably time to go.
We head up to the Smith and Morehouse reservoir and try to find a camp-site. IT was pretty slim pickings, everything ad already been reserved, but we do eventually find a place and get the camp set up just before it starts raining. And it rained and rained and rained ALL night, but being safe in our tent and surprisingly warm I actually enjoyed it. The boys slept pretty well, Damon ended up on the cot in my sleeping bag with me and Morgan ended up with Logan in his bag too.
The next day was really nice, at least to me. It kept going from hot to cold with a few sprinkles, but giving a nice variety. We went on a little hike (walk) across the dam, but then it got cold so we went back to get lunch ready. Logan loved playing with Josh and they would go for walks up and down the path the different campsites throughout the day and both Morgan and I realized that camping just isn't the same when you kids, it's still fun, but you spend the majority of your time making sure your child hasn't run off and gotten eaten by a bear than really sitting back and relaxing. :) It definitely made us appreciate all the camping our parents did with us as kids.

Later that evening it really started to pour again, the guys made a make-shift canopy over the picnic table. It only lasted about 30 minutes...the rain, not the canopy, but it was a real hard down pour. So, after that we started making some dinner and waited for our other friends to show up. They goth there and got the tents set up and we ate just before it started to rain again. I got the boys ready for bed while Morgan tried desperately to save the fire we finally got to build. The storm was supposed to clear out at 10:00, but it showed no signs of stopping and I said I would give it until 10:01. Well, just as the guys had given up hope and were cleaning up camp the storm broke and the starts came out and the fire was alive...and I was in bed...and it was 10:01...and I had a very full bladder. So I crept out of the tent and left the boys sleeping and all the adults got to sit around the fire and roast some marshmallows and chat for a bit...ahhhh camping as it should be :) It was really nice and I'm glad that I came back out of the tent for it.

The next morning we ate breakfast, packed up and came home. We hurried to get cleaned up and things put away in case someone wanted to see the house...did I mention that it's very stressful trying to keep the house immaculate with two little boys...well, it is. I will be very grateful when we sell out house.
This is just a random picture of the boys from the beginning of the week. Logan is the biggest copycat/parrot ever right now and he loves to copy what Damon does if we give Damon attention about it. Like standing up and biting the crib. :)

Overall it was a great week and weekend and we had fun camping and hope we get to do some more this summer. Until next time....here are some videos....

Damon showing off his mad crawling/climbing skills at the reunion.

Logan playing in the water at the reunion, that was his favorite part. He would fill up the cups and pour them out for hours on end. Good thing it was a nice warm day because he was drenched by the end of the reunion.

This is a little song that Logan has been learning. He is usually riding on Morgan's back like a horse, but the other day he started singing it. He knows a couple more lines to the song now so we'll have to get another update on that when I can. :)

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

looks like lots of fun and I have to agree I think camping and vacations in general are so different once you have kids because all you do is spend time chasing after them and making sure they aren't wadering somewhere they should be!