Monday, July 13, 2009

Timpanogos Caves

This week was filled with lots of fun and some pretty good pictures, so I'll let them tell the story. This is how Damon likes to watch TV. Unfortunately he is a TV Junkie and will watch anything, while we were so ecstatic when Logan would finally sit through Cars. He's always on the go though, walking back and forth in front of the TV.

I can't resist his cute little face.


This is Logan at our swimming pool. We've been trying to go more often to get out of the house and just to have some fun. Logan is so dang skinny though that he's always freezing within a few minutes, even if it's really hot outside. He can float by himself for a while when he has his arm floaties on too, but he gets nervous and starts reaching for me saying, mommy mommy, mommy, that's really the only time he even calls me mommy, it's usually momma.


Damon loves the water and still has an extra layer of fat to keep him warm. :) He's really content to just play with a few toys and kick around in the floaties, which is nice because then I can handle taking them to the pool by myself.




This is just random of Logan. I think he's hitting that phase where he likes to "dress up" He puts stuff on his head and calls anything a hat and lately he's been putting my shoes on too. :)


I baked my very first pie ever, it was a scrumptious apple pie and it turned out sooo good. I made another one for Morgan's work, I hope it's as good as the first one. It was really fun to have another little success in the kitchen. :) It's keeps me motivated to try new things.


My boys, just enjoying a snack while I'm cleaning up my mess in the kitchen after breakfast one day.

Damon is stealing Logan's graham cracker. Most the time Logan is actually really nice to share, which is great, except when he tried to give Damon a whole grape...not so great, good thing I was right there when he was trying to give it to him.

I sure love my cute boys!

This weekend we got to go to the Timpanogos Caves. It was soooo awesome!!! We are going to make it at least a yearly tradition.

It was really nice to have both kids in the packs, although we did underestimate the steepness of the hike to the caves, but we both still made it.

I had to give Damon my Camelbak straw so he would stop grabbing at my hair. :)

Logan had a good time, but I think Damon enjoyed it more overall. Logan really wanted to get down and run around.

Damon was resting his head on mine for a lot of the hike, it was really cute.


At the top we had to wait a while until our actual tour time, so the kids got to run around a little bit. You can't take the big backpacks with you, so we did have to carry the kids a little ways up.


This was a cool stalactite.

There are several little pools of water in the caves...the pictures totally don't do it justice.

Me and Damon in the caves.

The heart of Mt. Timpanogos. The guide told us a really cool story, but I don't remember all the details, so I'll have to look it up again.

Our family picture in the caves.

Logan has had an increased appetite for books lately...which is great, because I'm re-reading the Twilight Series right now, so one day we spent a good half and hour reading books on the couch while Damon was sleeping. Logan just kept getting more books and "reading" them out loud, I should have gotten some video of that.

I hope he keeps that love of reading as he is really learning to read. :)

Damon really likes books too. These are some of my favorite times and make me extra grateful for my husband who loves to read books and spend time with our kids. I love you Morgan!! Well, I think that's about it. Until next time....

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

You guys look so professional with your kid backpacks on the hike! Looks like fun times.