Monday, July 20, 2009

Goodman Family Fun

What an awesome week! I have quite a few pictures too, so this ought to be a fun post. We had some free meals at KFC an so we went there a couple times this week and let me tell you Damon LOVES the macaroni and cheese. He actually loves just abut any food, especially if it's from your plate, but he devoured this. And you can tell he was pretty happy about it.
It sure does make a mess though. I love his little teeth. He has 6 right now, 4 on top and 2 on bottom, but I'm thinking he's getting ready to bust a couple more out. :)

Damon and Logan love to play in the laundry baskets when I'm doing laundry.

Damon had pushed this into the kitchen and I was trying to unload the dishwasher and he kept trying "help" me, so I put him in the hamper and Logan climbed in with him. It was great.

Despite the fact that it looks like Logan is going to take a bite out of Damon's nose, he was really giving him great big kisses.
We had the Goodman Family Reunion this weekend, so on Thursday night my brother Steve and his wife Kim and kids Kashlynn and Harlee came up along with my parents to stay with us until the reunion. We went to the zoo on Friday and we had a blast. We started off with a little train ride.

This is Damon and Harlee chillin' while we're watching the elephant show. Damon didn't like to be sitting still for very long, so I ended up holding him for the show.

Logan is getting ready to see the elephants. My mom was so excited to come to the zoo with us, but she got sick and had to stay back at the hotel room and try to recuperate. We missed grandma, but we tried to take lots of fun pictures for her.

This is Dari, the oldest elephant at the zoo, and I think they might have said the oldest at any zoo. She is 49 and the average elephant age is about 42.

This is Logan getting ready for the bird show, which was soooo cool. If you go to Hogle Zoo, go see the bird show, it's so worth it.

Damon did pretty well too, he was a little squirmy waiting for the bird show, but I think he had fun once it started.

Logan and Kashlynn posing with the gorilla.

Don't mind my husband, he thinks he's raising Tarzan I guess. Damon wasn't fooled though, he knows his real mama. :)

Logan loved the giraffes. I think that was probably his favorite part.

I love that big grin of his.
Things were winding down after lunch and few visits, so we decided to hit the carousel before we went back home to do some swimming.

Steve and Kashlynn on the polar bear.

Morgan and Logan on the lion. Damon and Harlee were too tired for the carousel. We got home from the zoo and were hoping the kids would sleep longer, but no. So, we suited up and headed to our pool. It was really nice weather for swimming and we were there for probably a good 45 minutes or so, which is about all that Logan can handle anyway. I forgot the camera, so I don't have any pictures from that. But we sure had a fun-filled Friday.

On Saturday we headed up to Heber for the annual Goodman Family Reunion. We have several unicyclers in the family, Kim, my dad, Dustin, my Uncle Glen, and probably more that I'm not aware of. It was fun to watch them all.
We had a huge bounce house up there. Logan had fun, and Damon really loved it. Neither of them are in this picture, but they both had a blast.

We also had a huge inflatable slide. Morgan took Logan on it a couple times, but the water was cold that Logan didn't like it, especially when Morgan "let" Logan go by himself. He was pretty clingy after that. The water slide was great though. Morgan went down and where the two pieces of the slide connect he disappeared under the tarp and you couldn't tell where he was, it was a hoot.

This is my brother Mike taking his son Lincoln up. Lincoln actually really liked the water slide. He went on it several times.
More unicycling. This is my dad getting ready to go again.

And he's up! We all had such a great time at the reunion. This was a really jam-packed, fun-filled weekend.

This is a cute video of Logan and Kashlynn jumping all over. My parents got here before Kim and Steve and had brought Kash with them. I kept Logan awake because I knew he would want to play. You wouldn't think it, but he was almost asleep before they got there. The two of them sure had a ton of fun this weekend! Until next time....

3 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like a fun weekend with the Goodman family! Your boys are sure cute. Sorry I never called you before we left. The last few weeks were just kinda crazy.

Tosha G said...

looks like a busy week. I'm glad you enjoyed the reunion. It was good to see you and your family

heidijogoody said...

It was fun to see you guys at the reunion! Looks like you guys had lots more fun with your family while they were here.