Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July

What another crazy week. We already logged some of it on our last post, so I'll just catch up from there. I'll start with the worst first and end on a happy note. Getting teeth pulled sucks! I hope I never have to have another tooth pulled. It was pretty terrible the first couple days, but it is getting better and I think healing pretty nicely.
We took some fun videos of the boys this week, here are just a few of them:

This is Logan's new game, "Running so Fast." This is also proof that my child does literally bounce off the walls. He'll do this throughout the whole house.

We taught Logan more of the "Blue Shadow" song. I think it's adorable that he just breaks out in to songs now. It's been fun trying to teach him more of them.

This is Logan singing the ABC's and Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam. I'm surprised at how quickly he is learning the songs and how well he remembers them.

Logan and Damon finally defeated the gate when we were painting. Painting the house is finally done by the way and I couldn't be happier. I think it turned out really well too, you can't really tell that we painted since we used the same colors, but it looks a whole lot nicer. The boys are really glad we're done painting too.

Logan loves being tossed in the air still. It's already July and we haven't really gone out to the part that much so this week after dinner we decided to hang out at the park. Our kids love being outside and love the park even better. Logan had a blast running around and hanging out with all the kids, I think there had to be at least 3 family reunions going on. Damon loved hanging out on the blanket munching on his graham crackers and just being outside. We decided that we need to do that more often, both kids were exhausted and went to bed really well that night. :)For the 4th of July we met up with some friends and had a little BBQ up Provo Canyon at Nunn's Park and then went to the Provo temple park to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks show. We had a really fun time at the BBQ and the kids really loved being outside all day and playing. We left a little early from the fireworks thinking they were already over, but we were actually glad we did when we heard that people weren't getting home until 1:00am and we were all snug in our beds by 11:00. :)
Logan and Miles had a blast together. I wish I would have gotten pictures of them talking to each other or playing in the mud pile at the BBQ, but of course I forgot.
Damon just loves to stand up and get in to things. He is my wiggly and grabby baby. He definitely keeps me on my toes...well they both do :)

And since we're talking about Damon, here's a little video of him getting around and chasing the camera. Happy 4th of July. This year I have been particularly grateful for my country, my home, my family, and my freedoms.

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

It is always so fun when your kids start to learn lots of songs and will just start singing them. They say it is best to teach your kids different things through song because they pick up on them so quickly