Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Pioneer Day

This week was lots of fun. I had my camera with me the whole time too, but didn't take very many pictures. Logan is such a copycat and I'm sure I've said that a million times now, but the other day I was giving Damon some juice and Logan kept saying, juice, juice and ran in the living room and laid down like Damon. It was too cute. They are such good brothers for each other.
Our life would be terribly boring without them. :) So, after all the fun last weekend, we spent the first couple days just catching up with everything, cleaning, laundry, sleep, etc.

Damon still loves his food. I can't wait until we finally have a dining area without carpet under the table! Lunch time is now quite the process between getting them both fed and cleaning up after them...well mostly Damon.

He's so happy when he gets to feed himself. He loves any kind of fruit, but as you can see on his tray he does like his peas too.
On Thursday morning I got the kids packed up and headed to Green River, WY to have a sleepover with my sister in law and my mom. My mom had been up there helping with the new baby and they invited me over, so I figured, why not. It actually wasn't that bad of a drive, the kids were really good.
We got there and went to a splash park, it was really fun! I was too occupied with the boys though that I didn't get any pictures. :( Damon loved sitting by the water and once Logan got wet he enjoyed it more, until he got stuck in a water sprinkler, I think it scared him when it splashed up all around him and he gets cold really quick too when we play in water. He didn't last as long as I thought he would, but we still had fun.
We had lunch and then 3 of the 4 babies took a nap while we played some Canasta and Logan watched a movie. I got slaughtered, but I made up for it by winning the game we played later that night when all the kids were in bed. :)
After the nap we went for a walk. Lincoln didn't get too far before he got too pre-occupied with stuff, but Logan was doing surprisingly well, so Quel and Linc headed back and Me, Logan, & Damon continued around the block. This was the first time he's done really well with a walk without the wagon, it really gave me hope for doing this more often. We hung out some more and then got the kids to bed and of course played more Canasta.
I really had a blast and I'm glad that I made the trip up there. I brought my mom back to Lehi with us, we left early in the morning so Quel and her babies could sleep in. We stopped at McDonald's and got breakfast and headed home. With grandma in the car helping keep my kids occupied the drive went much faster.
That evening we went to a Hadlock group birthday party. Nola and Brayden were in town, so we celebrated his birthday too. I can't believe he's almost 2! We stayed for a while and played until Damon was getting pretty tired and ready to go, so we headed back and watched some TV with Grandma and Papa, my dad had come up to drive home with my mom. They stayed with us Friday night and babysat our kids while Morgan and I went to the Draper Temple early Saturday morning. It felt soo good to be there.
We got back from the temple and my parents headed home, and Morgan helped me the clean the house a bit before headed over to his brother's house to help with some tiling in their basement. Nola came over and played for a little bit and we went for a walk, then me and the boys just hung out for the day and relaxed. This weekend went by a little too fast for me again. I can't believe there is only one more week left of July. It's crazy, where did the summer go? We'll just keep cramming in the fun though while it lasts before Morgan has to start hitting the books to study for the boards. Until next time...

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Oh my I remember those really messy eating days with the girls! But luckily they are good eaters and that is all that matters :)