Sunday, February 8, 2009

What? The Week is Over?

This past week has gone by way too fast. At this point though, I don't mind if the semester is over pretty quick, and I'm sure Morgan wouldn't mind either, except I think he would like a couple extra hours to study each day. It will be over before we know it though, especially with a little baby that grows so fast that keep us occupied...speaking of which, Damon had his first Dr. appointment here on Monday and this is what we found out:

Height: 26 inches (73%)
Weight: 14.7 lbs (32%)
Head: 41.8 cm (25%)

So all that talk about Damon being soo big was just not very accurate I suppose. He is pretty tall, but he seems like he weighs more, he just feels a little more "solid" than Logan did. And it's probably just a combination of him being a little taller and Logan's old clothes shrinking more and more with each wash, because as far as clothes go, Damon has almost caught up to him. He is wearing all the clothes that Logan wore for his first winter...and Logan was about 8-9 months and Damon is only 4 months. Which is fine with me though, it saved us from having to buy more "seasonally" correct clothes for Damon, like long sleeves, and coats and such. :)

So, I just went back and did a little checkup and Logan was 14.11 lbs and 26 inches at this same age, but he went through quite the growth spurt after that, so now I'm just going to be waiting for Damon to hit that spurt too.

Damon is so close to rolling over right now, he rolls back and forth on both sides and pretty much moves around in a full circle with his head as the pivot point. He's much better at playing with toys and this week I even started putting him in the crib for naps and guess what? no crying, not one peep, so now he takes his naps in there, YAY! I've been keeping him awake more during the day and he's back to sleeping a good 7 hour stretch which is back to "through the night" for us, but for a couple nights he was up every 3-4 hours, but I said no way! It really is amazing what an extra couple hours will do with sleep.

On Wednesday we had the wonderful pleasure of going to the Draper Temple Open House. We weren't able to find babysitters (not that we really looked that hard or even really tried) so we took the kids with us. We got to the chapel to watch a little video and Logan turned into a little monster and really we were about to just go home, but we were already there (and so counting as a temple trip at this point, our goal is 10 times this year) we boarded a bus to shuttle everyone up to the temple and Logan settled right down and then Damon started acting up...oiy.

But, we got to the temple, strapped Damon in the Bjorn and put Logan on Morgan's shoulders. Logan hardly made a peep throughout the whole tour and Damon only started acting up at the very end, so it turned out to be a great experience. The temple was beautiful and we are excited to make one of our temple trips up there and go back after it's been dedicated.

I plugged the camera in to get the pictures off and guess what?.......we didn't take a single picture this whole week. How sad is that? We did have some videos, so I guess I better start working on that, and I'll have to do a video posting when I'm done...so, until next time.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Yay that Damon is back to sleeping pretty much through the night and for taking his naps in his cribs that is always nice. we really enjoyed the draper open house when we went too. The girls were stinkers for some of it but for the most part they did pretty good so I am glad your kids cooperated for it!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I am trying to imagine taking Donovan to a temple open house...wow I don't think he would be very cooperative. I am glad you had a good experience, I couldn't have done it with our 1 little boy let alone 2! You are probably more patient than I am though :) I'm really glad you have been posting about food storage, you have really motivated me and I have finally started collecting things even though we don't have a lot of space.

Belle said...

Your banana bread recipe sounds very yummy! We are going to try it out soon. Wasn't the temple absolutely beautiful? We should have all gone together! We were so excited when MaKenna started rolling over, but now we're always having to get her unstuck from under our couch and chairs! She has this strange fetish for wanting to roll into dark and crammed areas. Glad your boys are healthy and strong!