Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Love Vacations

This post is a little late since we just got back from St. George. We went down for the weekend and had a great time, but more about that later, I'll start from the beginning of the week. This week I have started "working out" again, mostly because I agreed to do a 5k in March, but also it's something to get out of the house. I've been doing aerobics in the morning with other moms and the kids just get to run around, it's a nice little break. And last Thursday I played basketball with our ward women's team....wow, I'm not very good at basketball, but I did make 2 shots, and that actually had me feeling pretty good. :) Here's a few pictures from the week before we went to St. George.

There's my happy Damon. He's been getting so much better lately. And he's rolling over now!!! Yeah! I have a video of it, but it's having a hard time loading, so I'll have to figure that out and then you can see it.

Logan loves to play peek-a-boo still, but in more of a hide-and-seek fasion. He loves to stand on the ottoman and look out the window at all the cars and sometimes he gets jumbled in the curtains. :)

On Friday we got ready and packed and headed down to St. George after Morgan got home from work. We thought that since we would be driving at night that Logan would just fall asleep and we could make it there in one shot...oh how wrong we were. He was up talking and singing, and the whining until about 1 hour before we got there. We did have to stop because he was complaining of "poo-poo" and since he's been getting over a diaper rash we decided to stop and of course there was nothing in his diaper, that little stinker, but it did give Morgan a chance to stretch his legs and I fed Damon so that we could for sure make it without stopping since we were only in Beaver.

Both the boys had a blast in St. George playing with Grandma and Grandpa. My parents even babysat all the kids so me, Morgan and my brother and his wife could go out to dinner. We went to Outback and it was delicious. Me and Morgan haven't gone out to eat on our own since before Logan was born....that's almost 2 years. So, it was really nice to enjoy a meal without the kids whining. :)

On Saturday we went over to my brother's house and there is a park nearby and the kids got to play and have a picnic, it was a little chili, but still really fun. Logan loves slides!

My parents have a flight simulator game on the computer that Logan just loves. He sees the computer and just keeps saying, "airplane, airplane" this day he was a little tired since he hadn't taken his nap yet, and my mom was playing with him and the humming of the engine must have put him to sleep. He just fell asleep right there, so I went and put him in bed for the rest of his nap. What a silly boy.
We had a family sunday dinner and we set up a little table for the kids and it totally reminded me of when we would go to my grandparents house when we were little and they would have the "kid" tables for all the grandkids. It was one of the moments when I realized how fast time has flown by and how quickly things can change.
I was actually really surprised at how well Logan stayed in his chair without any sort of restraint. :)
Logan also loves to sit on the couch at Grandma's and look at her window at the cars driving by. We were just getting ready for bathtime. :) We had a really great time down there. I got a chance to organize some recipes and my mom sent me home with some awesome cookbooks and even some food storage. Thanks again mom! And another thing I was looking forward to in St. George was getting my haircut....

I decided it was time to go short again. I love it! Anyway, I better get back to unpacking and doing laundry, both things that will probably take me all day. :) Until next time...

2 comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

I can't believe how big Damon is! How cute! I love the picture of daddy on the slide. It's the best to see dad's playing along. I see a lot of you in your mom (or would it be the other way around). I loved the kid table, but how cool was it to move up to the "grown up" table?! haha Cute hair. That was a novel. Good post!

heidijogoody said...

I bet that was so nice to just pack up and head to St. George for the weekend you haven't been able to do that in a really long time. My ward also does a morning exercise group and we can bring the kids to run around and I am really enjoying mine too! Gald you guys had a good weekend.