Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Now what are we going to do NEXT week?

Week 57: August 31st - September 7th

YAY for Labor Day! Only one week of school and we already got a day off. We went to the Arts
Festival and they had a kid's tent and Logan got to play in the sand and build sandcastles with daddy. It was really fun. As we were strolling along with our new double stroller which Logan absolutely loves, (we found a great deal - thanks Ashley!!!!) we saw a booth with an artist doing caricatures. After seeing him draw one we thought it would be fun to have one of Logan, here is a picture of the picture.
I think it turned out pretty good. The funny thing to me was that when he was drawing it I could see features of my brothers when they were little, I guess our little boy does have quite a bit of Goodman in him.
This week I've been in ultra-nesting mode. I've been cleaning and re-organizing and trying to get the boys' room ready (hehe, I love that, the boys' room) and sorting through all the old baby clothes and trying to make them all fit. Morgan just smiles and lets me do my thing. I finally finished Damon's blanket that I've been crocheting ever since I found out I was pregnant. My nesting pretty much consumed the rest of Monday and Tuesday, I'm getting burned out pretty fast, so I'm taking it a little bit slower for the next week or so.

So, last week on Sunday night Logan totally biffed it out of his bed in the middle of the night. He really rubbed his nose the wrong way. This is day one of the pictures, it still just looks like road rash, but as it scabbed it looked like he had a little mustache and permanent dirt on his nose.
He fell out again on Monday and Tuesday night, but landed on his knees, so it wasn't so traumatic, but now I think he's figured it out and hasn't had any accidents since then. He reminds me so much of myself when I was that little and trying to go to sleep, I was always really squirmy and ended up in the weirdest positions. He is going to bed sooo well, he doesn't cry at all for naptime or bedtime and is basically sleeping through the night....now, if only I could. :)

Me and Logan try to stay busy so we don't get cabin fever and it takes my mind of how soon we'll be having another baby. On Wednesday we went to the library reading time and met up with some friends, afterwards we came back and made homemade pizzas with the leftovers from our primary activity. It was great, we let the kids play until they were so exhausted that they all fell asleep on their way home while Logan fell asleep as they were leaving. (sorry no pictures...I temporarily missplaced the camera).

Later that night Nola & Brayden and Logan & I went out for ice cream while our husbands were at YM's. We'll be able to continue that tradition for at least one more week before Damon comes. On Thursday I had a Dr. Appointment, everything looks good and we're on track. Logan got to play with his friends again and cried when I came and took him home, luckily he finally fell asleep as we pulled in the driveway and took a nice long nap because I was exhausted.

On Friday the weather here was so beautiful that we went to the park in the morning and met up with friends again. I love my friends here. (You know who you are, I just don't type names in case that sort of stuff on a blog makes you nervous). Logan played for about an hour and half while I chatted with other moms there. We took his soccer ball and "shared" with some of the older kids and actually did pretty good until he got tired, then he was just a cranky walking zombie, so we headed home and to my surprise he didn't actually fall asleep so we got lunch ready and about an hour later he was out like a light!

Morgan got home early, so we decided to go to another park, but they were doing construction, so we just went home. He trimmed our hedges and we found a little injured bird in our bushes, he was gone the next day, so I hope the stray cats didn't get him.


Morgan is such a wonderful husband. He takes good care of our house and thinks of things to make it look and feel better, specifically with yardwork.

On Saturday I had a wonderful Baby Sprinkle (baby shower). It was so much fun, thanks again to everyone who came and those who put it all together. I really feel so blessed to have found such great friends here in Oklahoma and in our ward. We got a great supply of diapers wipes and Damon even got a few new outfits of his own along with some great toys, blankets and bath supplies.

And now, since the lack of pictures, I have for your viewing pleasure in bearing with this long post (see what happens when I don't work as much, I get so long-winded---or would you call that long-typed?).

This is Logan playing hide and seek. He was ducking for cover for about 10 minutes and having a blast, but of course when we pull the camera out he gets a little distracted.


Logan really likes brushing his teeth too, whenever we are in there brushing ours he likes to brush his, he's getting better too. Maybe there will be better hope for his teeth than mine. (sorry about that again mom, dental visits sure add up quick!)


And finally, Logan's kissy face has returned. He's such a ham. He's such a wonderful boy and gives his kisses freely. Sorry about the quality of the video, but I did get some good kissy face pictures to end with, that camera can just be so distracting.

Look at that little cutie pie. He's going to be such a great big brother, I can hardly wait for him to meet Damon. He gives the "baby" kisses all the time on my tummy.

Kinda blurry, but here's a kiss for you too!

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Look you did it!! Logan is sleeping well now in his bed. I knew it would be just in time for the new baby to come! I bet you are so relieved. It really is no fair that at the last bit of your pregnancy you can't get a decent nights sleep. Oh well I guess it is mother natures way of gearing us up for the sleepless nights to come with the little ones. Yes we will have to see you guys over christmas it is our year for Christmas in st george too. when and for how long will you guys be there?

Mike and Quel said...

Hey! Logan is getting so big! We are excited for you guys and would love to see pics of the new little guy. Good luck!