Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Moment We've All Been Waiting For

September 14th - 21st
Wow, we have two little boys now. How exciting! It’s hard to think that he’s already here and also that it has taken so long for him to get here if that makes any sense at all. Well, since you’ve already seen some of the first pictures I guess I should tell you a little about the actual birth experience. Get ready for a long post!

We left the house around 7:00am in the morning. It was me, Morgan, Logan, & my mom. Of course nothing can go perfect and as we are turning down a street a car comes out of nowhere, so we have to back up a little bit after putting on the brakes and end up backing into a car. A big ol’ Oklahoman gets out of the car and I’m thinking, please don’t deck my husband we’re on the way to the hospital to have a baby. Luckily nothing happened to either car and the guy was really nice, but it sure woke us all up.

We got the hospital and got checked in and were settled in our mansion of a room…seriously, the rooms were as big or bigger than a hotel room, it was awesome. They monitored the baby for about an hour before doing anything. I’d actually been having quite a few contractions before and we found out that I was actually already to a 3 (moms and dads will understand what I mean). We started the pitocin and got things going. The contractions didn’t start getting too painful until about 11:00am, so we got the epidural. This was a perfect epidural I could actually still wiggle my toes and move my legs, with Logan I was completely numb and you’d think that would be better, but it was actually more uncomfortable…anyway. About 1:00pm the doctor came in and broke my water and we thought things would go really fast after that like they did with Logan when I finally reached a 4 (I was around a 5 when he broke my water).

Damon decided to take his precious time though. It was about 4:00pm when the nurse got the doctor in and we started pushing. Morgan got to catch the baby, you already saw that picture. At exactly 4:17pm Damon was born. I decided that I’d rather spend the hours going through contractions than pushing and feel pretty lucky about that. I only had to push for about 30 minutes with Logan, and what a whole 4 times or so in 17 minutes to pop Damon out.
We had an awesome nurse and it was a nice clean labor and delivery. Morgan and I really couldn’t have asked for a more perfect experience. We were all for the most part calm and relaxed the whole time we were there. We watched a few movies. Logan ran around the room and did a great job. He was even there when Damon was born, he was just waking up from a nap and Grandma was holding him.

On Tuesday I got to relax and spend the day in the hospital with Damon. Logan got to spend the day with Grandma at home and Morgan got to spend the day at school. It was actually really nice to spend a little one on one with the new baby, knowing that once we got home that probably won't happen very often. We got all the tests taken and done and you know from my last post that I decided to come home a little early to spend more time at home figuring things out.

Logan has been perfect. He is the best big brother and hasn't been jealous at all. He's been so good to be a little more independent when he plays, he'll hand me diapers and when the baby is crying he lets me know and say "baby, baby" He loves to give "Baby Day Day" kisses and loves and has been really soft and gentle with him so far.

Damon has been a perfect baby too. He hardly fusses or whines and has been a great eater. We took him to the doctor a couple days after he was born and she said he was beautiful and as perfect as can be. Morgan and I truly have been blessed with two sweet spirits in our home.

The overall recovery has been better and faster than the first, although, that being said, I find myself trying to do a little too much too soon and end up paying for it later....especially when I forget to take the pain medication, we've had several rough hours since I got home, but I think we're going to be okay. I don't think we could have done it without my mom being here to help out though, we sure miss you grandma, thanks again for coming out and taking care of us. :)

Well, I guess I better finish up this post by putting up some more picture of the cutest little boys in the whole world!Damon looks exactly like his daddy when he was a baby, but in this picture he looks almost exactly like Logan.

Damon has been such a content little boy, just like his big brother was.





And his big brother loves him soooo much!

Damon is smiling that picture even though it looks like he's crying. He sure loves his big brother.

Grandma says: "ooooh, big stretch"How can you not fall in love with that sweet little face?
Morgan is such a good daddy to his boys. We are going to have so much fun with them. It's going to be hard sometimes and the rewards may not come as soon as we want, but it will definitely be all worth it.We love you all and have felt your prayers with us during this time and want to say thank you to everyone who has helped us. We are so thrilled with our growing family. So, until next time.....

8 comments:

CassideeT said...

Congratulations! Damon is beautiful, I agree with the pediatrician in that he is perfect. How fun to see Logan interact with his new little brother!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

He is so adorable, congratulations you guys!

heidijogoody said...

This is so exciting for you guys. I am so glad he is here and all is well. I am also glad to hear that Logan is doing well with it all.

Dina said...

So Cute! Congrats you guys!

Emily said...

He is such a beautiful baby! Reading the post makes me ache to have another one! I am so happy that the labor went so well for you.

Jason and Joanna said...

It's so cool to read your experience! It sounds like everything is going great- and good luck with everything!!!

Lisa said...

Tell Damon that the Monks family especially likes his airplane shirt! Not that we are biased or anything . . .

Kristen said...

Annie, he's adorable!! I'm so glad you posted pictures of him. I hope things are still going well. If you have a spare minute, we have a blog of our own now (though I'm nowhere near as dedicated to updating it as I should be). www.tysonandkristen.blogspot.com. Tell the guys hi for us!