Wednesday, August 27, 2008

...and still, it gets better!

Week 56: August 24th - August 31st


The beginning of this week started out pretty good. Morgan started his classes and he taught his first lecture. Me and Logan get to spend a lot more time together. I think we're going to be able to handle this semester....that spoken, we still only have one baby. :)


I can tell that Logan already misses his daddy though, on Wednesday when Morgan was leaving for work, Logan just kept crying by the door, it was tragic. On a lighter note though, this week we made some good progress with sleeping and naptime. He hasn't been crying when I close the door for naptime or bedtime and if he does it's only for about 5 minutes and at least he stays in his bed. We gave him the binky back, but usually by the time he falls asleep it's gone anyway, but if it helps him sleep now and lets us sleep a little bit more before Damon comes along, I'll take it. We'll deal with the binky later.


Oh yeah, great news this week for us. We sold our townhouse in Lehi...again...sort of. :) We're doing another lease-option, but this time it's only for a year, so at least we'll have renters for a year if nothing else, but we both feel really good about the couple that's moving in and I really think that things will go through just fine and we'll soon be rid of the burden, and at least it's quite a bit lighter to bear. Morgan and I will both testify of the blessings that have come into our lives since we have been consistently having Family Home Evening and making more of an effort in our scripture studies and strengthening our home and family. The Lord is and will bless your lives if you strive to do what he asks. Just a quick side note that I can't pass up. As soon as we got the details for the house all figured out, it was just me and Logan so I said, "Logan, I think we need to say a prayer" and you know what, that little boy got down on his knees and folded his arms, it just melted my heart, he even almost made it through the entire prayer. I don't know how we got blessed with such a sweet little boy, but I can't imagine life without him now and we feel just as blessed to be having another one in just a couple weeks.


I have to relay a quick story about one of the things I love about Oklahoma. The people here are so friendly and willing to lend a hand...and not just members of our ward, but complete strangers. On Friday I was at the post office with Logan and ton of stuff I had to send to Utah to my work, Logan was being pretty squirmy and I'm ready to have a baby in 2 weeks and very awkward, needless to say it was quite easy to tell I was struggling a bit trying to hold on to everything while packing the boxes. Then, just out of the blue a lady asked if she could help, I said sure, so she helped me pick out a box, and while I was addressing everything (before packing) she was getting her mail done and just as she was about to leave, she turned around and came back to help me stuff everything in the box (it was quite the challenge actually) and helped me get it all taped up and ready to go. I have no idea who she was we didn't really even introduce ourselves, but I definitely count that as a blessing and such a simple one that probably often goes un-noticed by me most of the time. It made me want to be more aware of others around me and how I can help them in little ways like that.

On Saturday I was in charge of a Primary Pizza Party. We've been planning it for a couple weeks now and it actually turned out really well I thought. We didn't have a ton of leftovers and I think the kids all had a great time and we had a good showing. It was fun, but I'm also glad that it's over and now I can focus more on just getting ready for the baby to come. Although, it was nice to have a little distraction to keep me from getting so anxious about the baby. Good thing I still have a couple more weeks of work to keep my mind off it and help the time pass by faster.....then of course I would mind if time just stood still for a while. :)

So, when I was checking for pictures/videos this week on our camera, this was about all I found. We must have been busy with the first week of school or something like that ;) Logan found a new game with our Yahtzee Turbo. He was laughing hysterically for about 10 minutes before we decided to get the camera and of course, they always stop when they know they're being caught on camera. You get the idea though.......I'm still waiting for the batteries to die. :) Until next time......

4 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

That is funny, I can imagine the laughs. I agree with you about strangers being so kind out here in the midwest. Life is more simple here and the people actually stop to help!

heidijogoody said...

It is times when random people help you that you feel so good and it reminds you that you need to help others as you can too.

Tosha G said...

I can't believe you're about to have your baby. It is nice when people help. I'm glad things are working out with your home.

Wes and Lindsay said...

Your family is so cute and looks so happy! Congrats on the new one coming! I hope all is well.