Thursday, August 21, 2008

Can it get any better?

Week 55: August 17th - 24th

Oh what a week, where do I begin...Logan is always a good place to start. It's been raining here for the first part of the week, but that has made the weather cooler, so Logan and I still ran our errands in the rain and on Monday as we were coming out of the Dollar Store he ran right for the biggest puddle before I could catch him and you should have seen the look on his face, I imagine that's what his face will look like the first time he understands Christmas. Well, I couldn't help so we splashed in all the puddles all the way to the car and by the time we got there both our pant legs, shoes and socks were soaking wet, but it was a blast, it's been a long time since I've jumped in rain puddles.

This week we tried to get rid of the binky. He's only been using it for sleeping and nap time, so I didn't really think it would be that big of a deal...boy was I wrong. I wish it were back to the days when he just had no interest, but we kind of pushed it on him to help him sleep through the night, and now we're feeling the effects of that. The first night we tried to put him down, I think I had to sit by his bed for almost two hours, he just kept sobbing and crying at the top of his lungs and trying to get out of the bed and now suddenly he HATES that I close the door when I put him down for the naptime too, it sounds like I'm torturing him. Anyway, after a couple days of this horrendous crying, Morgan pulled out his cot and put it up in his room and Logan will go right to sleep with Daddy sleeping there by him...but not me, he screams for Daddy, at least at nap time, but at least when he wakes up he gives me great big kisses. :) We're hanging in there and hopefully it will get better. Morgan has been so good to take turns with me helping him go to sleep so that I can get some rest even though he has to get up early too and go to work. By the end of the week we succumbed to giving the binky again though, so hopefully that will help. This week is going to be rough though since we're going to be doing a little more of the cry it out....we only have 3 weeks before another baby will be keeping us up at night. :) He did end up on cot one time during his nap during the week, I think he was missing his daddy at work.And now the topic of this blog. Morgan is the best husband in the whole world. This week has been a little rough, I haven't been feeling well and it's been one of those weeks where I'm SO ready to have this baby and one day he came home with roses, just out of the blue, it was so nice. And then on another morning after being up late with Logan he downloaded some awesome songs on i-tunes and left me a cute little note so I would find them and it totally made my day! It's those little things that he thinks of to do that make him so wonderful. He's working so hard in school and I'm so proud of him and it makes me want to be a better wife and mom so he doesn't have to worry so much...even though sometimes I'm so pregnantly emotional, he still puts up with me and loves me no matter what.
This weekend was also our last "event" so to speak before school starts for him, so we called some friends to go to a baseball game again since we had such a good time last time. This time it was about ten times hotter though and we did a lot more walking and waiting and I think it's the first time I can actually say that I got a little swollen from the pregnancy...you'll see in the pictures, I look like I just got my wisdom teeth out. :) It was really fun though. We had to wait about 30 minutes in line to get tickets and while we were waiting, this nice lady came up to us and asked us how many tickets we needed, we said 4 (we also had the 3 kids with us, but they're free still). She had three and wanted to know if we were interested and we asked how much, and she just handed over the 3 tickets that said they're free, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday. It was great, we only had to buy 1 ticket between the 4 of us now! The game was a little slow, but hey had fireworks after. It was a pretty good show, unfortunately by that time it was so hot and late that Logan slept through the whole fireworks show. We still had such a great time and glad we had some friends with us.

We stripped Logan down to just his pants and rolled those up, but it was still hot and sticky. Gotta love the humidity....oiy!

An now for your viewing pleasure, some of the things we learned at the zoo last week. :)

Wish us luck with the first week of the new school schedule. :)

7 comments:

Lisa said...

You guys are brave! There's a reason Alexis had a pacifier until she was 3 1/2. We kept telling her she'd have to get rid of it on her birthday, because at this point she's old enough to understand, but then we lost them before that happened and it wasn't too hard. She only had it at nap and bed too, so I was okay with keeping it. Good luck with it!!

heidijogoody said...

Logan is getting so big. Cute videos of him doing his animal sounds. We got rid of the girls binkis at 14 months--they only had theirs for nap and night too--and they ended up crying for about 4 nights straight I think for like 30 min at least. The first night might have been more but then after that it was back to normal. Good luck sometimes being a parent is just not the funnest!

Nicki Swilor said...

Hi Annie,

I'm sending out wedding invitations this week and would love to send you one. I just need your address. I'm sure I have it around here somewhere, but it's been so long since I've had to use it I don't know where to look. How are you doing? Ready for baby #2. I can't wait to see pictures on your blog of another baby. How fun! Dave Frei brings his little girl in now and then for me to "babysit". Oh it makes me so baby hungry. She is so sweet. I'm so excited for you to just be a mom! I can't wait for that myself. Talk to you soon.

Sorry for the novel. I tried emailing you, but it came back to me.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I can't get over how handsome our little boys are. He is getting so big! Instead of giving their child a pacifier, my sister in law lets Mason take a sippy cup of water to bed so he has something to suck on to calm him down, just a thought. It couldn't hurt! We did away with the pacifier long before Donovan got attached, thank goodness, but I know I will have a problem with the bottle. I am almost scared to try putting him to bed without it!!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

That is so funny that you know nicki Christensen. She is my friend Mandy's sister. Small world.

Mike and Quel said...

A friend of mine told me to sip the end of the binky with some scissors just a bit over a period of time, and gradually there will be hardly anything left to suck on. I don't know if it works. I'll try it on Linc when the time comes. If you try it, let me know how it goes. Linc loves his binky so much! (Almost of pic of him has his bink!) I figure, if he's not crying with it, whatever! More sleep for you! I'm sad you guys aren't coming to wedding! Really, I don't even know for sure if we'll make it yet. But Christmas is coming so soon! Yeah!!! And ps, when I lived back east, the humidity was the WORST!

Tosha G said...

good luck with everything. Hang in there with the sleeping, it'll happen