Saturday, August 16, 2008

What Does a Lion Say?

Week 54: August 10th - 17th

A few exciting things have happened this week. First, I learned how to make a really cool adjustable sling that I think is going to come in really handy when I finally have Damon. I'll be able to hold the baby and still have my hands free to play with Logan. Morgan can even use it. We tested it out and with Logan and it works quite nicely. I think I have found a rekindled enthusiasm for my sewing hobby this week. I also made a whole bunch of different colored drawstring bags to put different sets of Logan's toys in. He loves taking everything out of the bags and he's even starting to help us clean up a little bit.
Next is our progress on the toddler bed. Logan has not slept in his crib for an entire week now. We had a couple rough nights where I spent a couple hours by his bedside keeping him calm and another night with Morgan ending up in the recliner with him, but I think he's starting to get used to it. We've had more good nights than bad and he doesn't climb out and wander in the middle of the night. I think he's actually afraid of the dark a little, so this week I'm going to try and nightlight and see if that helps him sleep a little better. Usually for naptime and falling asleep I have to close the door so he can't get out and since we keep the toys in the ottoman in the living room, he found other things to play with until he finally crashed against the door. (I had to squeeze my arm around and move him until I could get in, then I put him in his bed and took pictures of the damage).
And most exciting of all.....we went to the zoo! It was our first zoo experience as a family and it was actually really fun. It got a little hot, but there was just enough breeze to cool you down every once in a while, since after about 10 seconds you were drenched in sweat and humidity anyway. :) We got to see all sorts of animals. Logan loved watching the chimpanzees swing around and made his little chimp sound, but the never fail sound is the lion. At any point we can say, What does a lion say? and he'll answer with a roar. He knows what a duck, dog, monkey, lion, & elephant say, but sometimes they all end up sounding like a lion. :) He is such a fun boy, here's just a few pictures. The only downer of the zoo trip was the lack of elephants, they were currently in Tulsa mating, but the zookeeper promised that they would be back with the baby elephants, so we'll have to go again when the elephants return. They're my favorite and I think Logan would have liked them too.
The rest of the week we just got to spend time together since it's the last week before Morgan's schedule gets busy. He was able to pick up work shifts Mon-Fri next week and then the week after that he starts school and his class/clinical/teaching schedule basically make it like he will be working a full-time job. This next year is going to go by so fast and we're already starting to dream of all the possibilities and opportunities the future will hold, but most importantly, being done with school!!!!!.....well, that probably comes second to having our baby. :)
We also got to go to a really good baptism on Saturday of one of our primary kids, and then we went to a birthday party for Brayden, and Gary and some of his kids. It was fun to hang out and see everyone and eat some delicious hamburgers. It was a good week! Hopefully this next one will be just as good.

5 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I still give it to you for hanging in there with having logan sleep in a toddler bed. I am sure the girls room will be equally or even more disasterous when I have them sleeping in toddler beds. Just think of the damage two little girls can do when unattended! I will need extra prayers at that point :) Good luck and conintue to hang in there. Consistancy is the best thing with kids.

Emily said...

You are so talented! The sling looks great. We'll start thinking about a toddler bed for Mylee soon too. Good luck Logan!

Mike and Quel said...

Man I want to go to the zoo. I haven't been since I was like 5! But of course Mike would just say it was a waste of time, he's SO into new and fun things! ;-) I'm glad the pregnancy is still doing good. Keep it up!

Mike and Quel said...

Oh and are you guys going to make it to the wedding??

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I love our zoo, but I think yours looks like more fun. We may have to go there someday. I am pretty sure we will be between Lehi and Springville for Christmas. We are still debating whether or not to go to Utah at all, but I think we will be there. I can't remember if you sent me your address, if so, can you send it again? I will get that dvd copied and sent to you.