Sunday, August 7, 2016

August 1st - 7th

I got a little bit behind, but plan on catching up little by little this week.  This week on our blog was our Hadlock Camping trip to Palisade State Park.  It was a blast.  We were barely able to squeeze everything we needed in the truck and the topper, so I finally relented and let Morgan order his trailer for our future camping trips.  :)
 When we first got there, everyone was already down at the lake, our boys found their suits and made a bee line in to the water.  We rented peddle boats each day and the kids spent the majority of the time on them.  I think Damon loved it the most, he was always peddling around on the water.  It was so fun to watch my kids play and be independent.
 Rylea loved the beach, luckily she wasn't too brave because she hated wearing her life jacket.  We were able to get her out on the peddle boat aka her car boat-she always got to sit in the middle and use the steering wheel.
 We rented a paddle board.  It was fun.  The first time I was so tense I didn't really enjoy it, but the second time was a lot more relaxing until I looked at the beach and saw a stranger walking to our canopy holding Rylea!!  Luckily she didn't go in the water and just wandered when Morgan got distracted helping the boys with something.  It all worked out and she was safe.
 The cousins had a blast together.  I don't think we really had any fighting.


 Jaron loved riding on the boat.  He got in the water a little bit, but mostly just rode on the boat.  We went through a lot of sunscreen those couple days.  :)  And no one ended up with any bad burns.



 The pink party boat was the first day boat, I think the second day Damon requested the green one.



 There was a fun playground and a little hillside to hike up.  The boys did some exploring.  Rylea just loved the playground and wanted to be there the whole time when we weren't down at the lake.  Overall it was an amazing camping trip and really fun.  We did get rained on a little during dinner one night, but it cleared up pretty quick and passed, so it was just fun.
 The last night we were there, Wade and Morgan were up talking and a skunk just camp waltzing through camp.  It was right up against the tent where me and Rylea were sleeping.  Aaaah!  Gratefully it mosied away and didn't spray or get startled.  If it lives nearby, it's probably used to all the crazy humans.

 Muffins for breakfast were perfect.  We did forget Rylea's bottle, she did pretty good without it.  She was fairly clingy, but would wander around with Tragon every so often, but most of the time she was my little shadow.


 The playground was awesome for those in between times when we were done on the lake, but food wasn't ready yet.

 On our way home we drove through Cedar to check out the temple.  It's a bit smaller than I thought it would be, but it's beautiful.  I'm excited to go there when it's finished.

 We wore those kiddos out this week.  Rylea has been starting to give up naps, but sometimes she is just too tired to resist.  :)
 Annnnd, she's addicted to my phone and ipad.  It's basically the first thing she asks for in the morning.  It's because I said I would never let my toddler use my phone.  We are limiting it more and more, but man, it's a hard crutch to give up.  She would much rather be outside playing anyway, I just don't trust the boys completely when I can't be out there with them.  Soon though, they are getting more and more practice "babysitting" her.

 More of the fun park at Palisade...looks like some of the pictures are out of order...oh well.

 We got to share a snow cone.  Thanks Bev!


 We got home and had some rain, so the next day was perfect for picking weeds.  They kind of got a little out of control, the boys were big helpers (well, Tragon was) in helping me fill my bag of weeds.
And Jaron insisted on me taking a picture of his Optimus prime he built out of the different vehicles the boys colored for him.

I love my family so much and I'm excited to go on more adventures with them.  It's hard, and crazy, and a lot of work, but it sure makes some fun memories.  Until next time...

No comments: