Sunday, August 21, 2016

August 15th - 21st

We (Morgan) have been talking about getting a trailer for a while now.  Morgan has been doing a lot of research trying to find the perfect trailer and decided that there just isn't one perfect trailer, but he did find one that was pretty close.  It was cheaper to have them ship you the parts and you build it instead of having it built and then delivered.  
 Luckily my dad was here and available to help, he was much appreciated during the building process of this awesome addition to the family.  We are looking forward to many fun adventures with our trailer.  :)


 It was quite the process from start to finish, not too bad, although I didn't do most of the building, I kept the kids busy so they weren't underfoot...and may have played a couple games of Canasta with my mom.  :)


Instead of keeping millions of school pages, we take pictures of the ones we would have saved, then it's in our book preserved forever and we can recycle the paper.  :)
 One productive day I finally decided to figure out how to take the drain off the bathtub upstairs...the boys bathroom...shudder...there was a handful of Legos in the drain preventing it from plugging and being able to fill up the bathtub.  They all got thrown away, but the boys are excited to be able to take baths too instead of just showers.
 This poor girl has been getting all the germs the boys have been bringing home and has not been feeling well.  She fell asleep again after her morning bottle while we were all eating breakfast and getting ready for school.
 It's peach season and me and my mom have been bottling like crazy!  We've done quite a few quarts as well as some peach syrup, mmmmm, and of course I had to make at least one peach pie.  It was delicious.

The kids love umbrellas.  Rylea especially.  We've had some pretty crazy rain storms this Summer too so they've been put to some good use.  It's been nice to just have a couple kids home during the day, I think I have spent most of this first week just getting caught up on things that I put off all Summer, but soon we will get to the fun stuff.  Until next time....

No comments: