Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Watchman Trail & Home Again

On Monday morning we got up and got everything loaded and headed to Zion with the boys.  We decided to do the Watchman Trail and it was perfect. It was a little cold when we got there, and I kept waiting for the complaints, but I heard none.  
 In fact, I told Logan to let me know if he was too cold and we could go back to the car (secretly hoping he would be too cold, because I was cold), but he said, No Mom, we just need to keep walking until we get warm.  Wow, I love that boy and I was so proud of him.
 Damon and Logan are my little trailblazers.  They had a blast on the hike and kept telling us how much fun it was.  It made us so happy.  I loved seeing them climb and scramble up the rocks and fly on the trail.
 It wasn't crowded at all, so it was a perfect time to go with the kids, I think most people were already on the road traveling home.  Most of what follows are just lots of pictures from the hike.  The boys insisted on stopping several times to take pictures.



 The boys loved climbing up the slanted rock.  They did it on the way up and on the way down.  And I'm not sure which pictures are from which, but I know we took pictures both times.  I think Morgan is in the ones from on the way up and I'm in the ones from the way down.


Logan almost ate it coming down from here, he's way up there higher than Damon, it made Morgan a little more cautious the rest of the way as far as them getting too close to the edges.


Damon surprised me with how well he did on the hike.  He never complained and we only carried him for a short amount of time and then he was good.  He loved being the "trailblazer" or the leader.
This picture was at the top with my boys.  :)


And then the slanted rock on the way down again.  I sure love my boys!



I'm pretty sure this is the video of Tragon picking up a rock and throwing it.  He was a huge slow poke because he kept bending down to get rocks and throw them.  I knew we weren't in a rush, so I tried to be patient, but on the way down he was carried most of the way.  :)

I think Jaron was a little cold at first and didn't really say much, but he was a little more vocal when it warmed up.  I think his favorite part however was getting out of the pack and eating lunch.




Logan surprised me by blazin up the brick wall.  Then he said he wanted to do the rock wall at Trafalga now (I've been trying to get him to go with me forever) because he was practicing to be six and six year old are more brave than five year olds.

Logan and Damon led us all the way up and back and did a great job.  They said they wanted to live here forever.

Like, I said, Jaron's favorite part was lunch, he swiped and apple and was gnawing on it for almost half and hour and actually did pretty well with it.  

We finally had to get in the car and head home though, so he got to munch on the apple in the car.
 A lovely view from our hike.
Everyone did great..minus Jaron on the ride home.  I love our DVD player.  We use it only for long drives, so it really keeps the boys occupied.
So did the chocolate Power Bar that Tragon swiped from Logan.  He had chocolate all over, it was great.

 Jaron slept quite a bit in the car, but when he wasn't sleeping, he was pretty fussy, I think he just hates being so restrained for long periods of time.
 You can't really tell in the picture, but Damon sleeps with his eyes open, it's a little creepy.  He gets that from his mama.

We finally made it home.  As I was getting Jaron ready for bed, he wanted to play and his favorite thing lately is to climb up on his music toy that a neighbor friend is letting us borrow.

 He's got some pretty good balance on there.  It makes me nervous that he loves to climb so much.

Again, what a fun weekend, it took four posts just to get through all of it.  It will definitely go down as a memorable one.  Sure is good to be home though.  :)  Until next time... 

No comments: