Wednesday, February 20, 2013

9 Years Ago on Angel's Landing...

On February 16th, 2004 this awesome guy proposed to me at the top of Angel's Landing in Zion National Park.  We got to go back and hike it again 9 years later while my mom babysat our four boys.  It was awesome.

The first half of the hike was pretty easy, we were both getting a little winded, but once we fell into a rhythm it was just fine.  It was so nice just be out with nature and my husband.  I felt so rejuvenated.

There were a lot of people coming up and down the last steep and narrow passages where the chains are, so we didn't really think it would be too bad, and it wasn't, but if we had known how icy and snowy it was before we were already up there, we probably would have picked a different hike, so I'm guess we didn't know.

 There were a few tricky parts where you really had to rely on the chains.  I felt like the challenge pulled a little of my old self out from hiding and it was wonderful.  On the way down you sometimes had to get creative over the tricky parts and at one point as we were passing people, someone said, "ooh, she did that really good, watch and see what she does so we know what to do"  That made me feel really good like I still got it.  :)
 And, it always nice when your husband is still impressed with you as you're hiking up.  :)

 The weather was absolutely perfect.  It was a little too crowded for my liking, but it was so worth it.  Zion always brings really fond memories to mind, I love it there.  And I especially loved spending time with my hubby.  Things have been really busy lately and sometimes it's hard to find a time to go on a date.
 This was a very much needed date for both of us.

 There is a pretty steep drop off on both sides here, at least this part wasn't icy and snowy too.

To my husband, I love you more today then I did then.  We were crazy to get engaged after knowing each other for only 6 weeks, but I'm so glad that we did and that we are together forever! Until next hike...

No comments: