Friday, April 27, 2012

The Last Couple Weeks or so...

We've been having a lot of fun the last couple weeks with the weather being warmer.  My only complaint is the constant smell of sunscreen on my hands.  I use the spray stuff for arms and legs, but I still use lotion or the "gluestick" for the face.  I really have to get their ears good.  Last year we had a lot of ear blisters and I don't want a repeat of that.
 Sometimes the baby gets to come outside, when it's not too windy.  He likes to just snuggle outside.  It's so bright that he's always squinting his eyes closed and inevitably falls asleep fairly quickly.
 The latest game, or activity that we have been doing outside, is the river.  They love to get the hose and send it through a rain gutter.  We've done it so many times now that the water follows that path pretty quickly and they get a nice little splashing puddle at the end.
 Most days we try to wait until at least after lunch to do the water so I'm not having to clean up before and after lunch, but sometimes I can't help it.  It's really nice to have an activity where they all stay together and I can go in and feed the baby or change a diaper, or whatever.  
 If they don't have something like this to keep them busy, the older boys end up cruising around the road on their bikes with poor Tragon trying to keep up while pushing his lawnmower.  He's not quite fast enough so he ends up somewhere in the middle of the road by himself, so I'll take the water and the mud and the mess, because they really have a blast and we might as well enjoy the empty lots next to us while we can.
 Damon bounces back and forth either copying/following Logan or Tragon...I think I prefer him following Logan though, rather than acting like a 2 year old again.  :)  Damon is usually the one that starts the mud fights, but doesn't really like to get hit himself.
 Logan has become master of the water outside (Damon seems to be master of the water inside...I have to lock the bathroom door downstairs if I'm not down there with him or we end up with rivers on my basement carpet....I digress).  He loves to grab the hose and get it all started and make sure the river is going the right way.
 This is pretty much our garage on a typical day now.  The extra chair is usually for neighbors that come over and play too.  I really love being able to go outside and have the boys outside getting all their energy out.
 My baby Jaron is doing wonderfully now.  He sleeps a good 6-8 hours every night, with the exception of the last couple nights he's been waking up, but will go back to sleep with a binky, so it's a pretty quick interruption to my sleep.
 He's starting to wear 3-6 month clothing now, so I had to get some pictures of a cute outfit he was given.
 He has a really strong neck and loves to be held and walked around.  He's not really one for sitting still for too long.
 He still eats great and gives us some wonderful smiles.  He's so close to laughing, but not quite there yet.
 He loves his big brothers and loves when they are around.  Logan can get some really good smiles from him when he's not trying to play Ice Age peek a boo (where the tiger is scaring the baby and he says peek a boo in a very tiger-ish voice)
 Jaron has been a good and challenging addition to our family and he makes it feel complete.  I can't imagine our family without him now.
 He reminds me most of Damon as a baby and even looks the most like him, but there is enough of all the other boys in there too to really bring our family together.
 Froggy bum!
And to end with, a sleepy smile that I was able to catch the other day.  He's really good at putting himself to sleep when he's tired.  I usually try to put him down when his eyes start drooping and he can usually settle himself into a nice nap without any problems.  Naptimes are my favorite times of the day.  :)  Until next time....since my baby just woke up hungry....

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Looks like fun times for your boys outside. You are lucky you are getting some sleep and that he will put himself to sleep so good. Still waiting for Sophie to do that once in a while :)