Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Survived Week 1

Thanks to my wonderful husband and countless neighbors, friends, and family, we have all survived week 1 one of recovery and are halfway through week 2. The healing process has been much more than I expected, but having baby Jaron makes it worth it, although I'm not sure I really want to do the whole C-section thing again. :)Jaron has been a good baby so far. He's still trying to get a good schedule worked out, so Morgan and I are both pretty tired, but I have a lot of help during the day to take naps, so that I only have to get Morgan up once or twice during the night. :)
Logan loves holding the baby and asks usually at least once a day. He's pretty good with him too and you can tell that they are going to have a special relationship and Logan is really taking hold of the big brother title. He's pretty helpful too with Tragon, he can help lift him in his booster seat to eat and help him get back down, and he's even carted him to his room once for a time out. Hehe, that was funny.
Tragon has adjusted well I think. He hasn't gotten too jealous of the baby, but I think that's mostly because he still has two older brothers to play with and towards the end of my pregnancy those 3 really became buddies.
Logan was taking some pictures with the camera and caught the "puffer fish" Logan and Damon will frequently call out, "you're a puffer fish" and we have to explode with the puffer fish face. :) Morgan is always a good sport and plays along and the boys love it.
Damon is still Damon. I think he'll always be adjusting to having younger brothers. He's had a lot of fun being able to go play with his friends a lot this week so that I can have a little break. Him and Tragon both love the trains, so we either have them both playing great, or total war and meltdown with the trains. He's a pretty good little helper too when I really need it and he can finally wipe his own bum with clogging the toilet. YAY! The rest are just some random pictures that I tried to take for his "newborn pictures" I'm still not ready for family/newborn pictures to be officially taken, I think I'm going to need a couple more weeks and they grow a lot in just a short amount of time, so I wanted a few decent pictures while he was so little. I'm definitely not a photographer, but I liked them.


This is a face he usually pulls just before we have to change his diaper. :)
Sweet, sleeping baby boy.
This one is my favorite. He has provided us with lots of little grins and smiles and I love it. He's going to have the full face smile and light up a room just like his big brother Damon.
I still don't know what color his eyes will settle on. Sometimes I'm positive that they'll be brown, but other times they look a little green, and then today in the light they were still a silvery blue. Who knows. I wouldn't mind another blue eyed baby though. :)
I'm so grateful that we have this sweet baby boy in our lives, and I'm grateful for his older brothers and my husband too.
I think he's had enough of the flash in his eyes for one day. :)
This is a short clip of Logan reading to Jaron. He loves to do anything that makes him feel more grown up and responsible. Until next time...

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

He is such a handsome little guy. It looks like you are adjusting well. C-sections are not fun to recover from especially with other kids to care for. But there is hope if you plan to have others you can do like I did with Carter and try for a VBAC! I hope you continue to recover quickly

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

He is so precious. I am a tad bit jealous. I won't get another sweet little baby for at least a couple of years. Although, I am enjoying the stage Chamae is in right now. I can't wait to meet the little guy...sometime in the summer, I hope!

Wendi Oyler said...

Congrats on your cute baby boy! I wish we lived closer so our boys could be friends!