Friday, February 3, 2012

Let It Snow...well, at least after we have the baby.

This past week..or month..or so..we actually got a day of good snow in. At least enough to build a snowman for the day. It pretty much melted the next day, but the boys were really excited to build it.I decided that snowman building should be reserved for those non-pregnant parents though...it was really awkward trying to squat down and roll the snowballs, and tough to lift them up on top of each other. Somehow we made it though. It was a fun day to get outside and play a little with my boys while I had some energy.
I love being able to go outside with the boys and now that they are a little older they stay within the boundaries a little better...at least Logan and Damon do, and Tragon for the most part just follows them around. I've really enjoyed having warmer weather so we can go outside, but I'm also missing the snow, it just hasn't felt like winter. I do hope that we continue to have good weather at least until we bring the baby home, but then, Let It Snow!
Our boys love to look at books. It becomes something they do at least a couple times a day. This was one night before bed when Logan wanted to read some books to Damon. And he really reads them. He's been doing so well picking up on reading as long as the pages don't have too many sentences on them he'll give it a try and he gets so excited when he "learns" a book.
Tragon will usually find one or two favorite books and just carry them around with him all day or he'll jump up on the couch when I'm reading and he'll look at his books next to me. I've really enjoyed that. The only challenge is when they all want to read different books at the same inconvenient time...i.e., while I'm trying to make dinner or cleanup. That's when it's nice to be able to defer to Logan now to read some books to the other boys who for the most part are compliant.
Damon has a play group that he's been involved in and today it was my turn to host so we had three of his friends over. They had a good time. I think Tragon was the only one that threw a fit and that was mostly because it was getting close to his naptime. They are a fun bunch of kids and it will be fun to see them all grow up together, I hope they all stick around for a good while.

In other news we got our tax returns back and were able to pay of our last 3 credit cards, Lowe's RCWilley, and our VISA. We even had a little extra money leftover that we might finally get our TV for the basement. It was a huge weight off our back to get them paid off and our goal for this year is to only use our VISA in a real emergency...we got a little lax with it last year in the anticipation of money coming, or whatever, but this year, we're cracking down. Now we only have a personal loan that we took out to finish the basement that we should be able to pay off by the end of the year, and other than that, just student loans....which someday we'll get rid of. :)

Morgan's Weber job and the prospect of renting or selling our house in OK will definitely help speed up that process. We're finally turning over our house in OK to a property management group in hopes that it will take off some of the stress of being a landlord. Ideally we'd just sell it, but the market is just not cooperating, it's been up for sale for almost a year now.

We've got about 2 more weeks until our baby will finally join the family and on that front we're just taking it one day at a time. I'm so ready to not be pregnant that I would be happy to have this baby right now if I could. I'm excited to see how the boys do with another baby brother. I know that Logan is getting pretty excited and I think Damon is more excited this time around than he was with Tragon, and Tragon is pretty fascinated with babies in general, so I think he'll do just fine. I just need to get him to stop climbing in the crib. :)

Until next time...

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

This weather has been so weird it really hasn't felt like winter at all. Can't believe your baby will be here in two weeks! It will be here before you know it.