Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Keeping a Better Journal

This year one of my new year resolutions is to be better at keeping this journal/blog going and more updated. As I have been working on past blog books to publish I realize how much I have already forgotten about our kids growing up and some of the little silly things that have happened, so my goal is to try and post at least once a week because I know that something goes on each week, even if it's not a really huge thing. This weekend of course we got our TV and Morgan was like a little kid at Christmas the night before he was going to get it all setup. Of course, there are still a few more things/bugs we need to work out...like getting an attic antenna that actually gets reception, but for now we have been content to just watch movies and it's actually cut down on TV time quite a bit with the boys, which has been nice.

We're still moving things around in the basement and figuring out how we want to put everything and what to do with the old tv, which we'll probably keep in another room to pull out on special occasions, or to hook up the GameCube to. It's really made the basement seem a lot bigger and the boys seem pleased with the "extra" space, although Logan's first impression of the chaos was, "horrendous" (yeah, he actually said it looked horrendous).

Sunday was my last week doing music time with the Nursery kids until well after the baby is born, which is a good thing because it was getting really uncomfortable to sit and do music time with them. I only have about a week left and I'm just trying to keep us busy, sometimes a little too busy though. We went grocery shopping at Walmart and Costco yesterday and it about did me in, but of course not enough to push me into labor, just enough to make my legs and ankles swell and retain a whole bunch of water.
I love my Damon. This morning at breakfast he was saying this was a girl house and of course I said, are you kidding, this house is full of boys and then I asked him to count, and he counted the baby as a boy too. :) After that he realized that I was greatly outnumbered, but I just thought it was sweet that they already think of the baby as being here and part of the family.
Tragon loves Thomas the tank engine too, more specifically any episode with Diesel in it. He'll got around the house saying, "Diesel Works" (deedal wot) he got that from the "Day of the Diesel" movie that we rented a while back, but when he asks for it, I just put in any Thomas show and he seems content with that. I love his sweet smiles and the faces that he pulls, they always make me smile, even when he's being naughty.
Logan is really starting to take off in reading. The other day I was busy cleaning, or something and the boys wanted to read stories and I said, just a minute, so they just went and sat down in the chair and read all the books that Logan "knows" (he likes to read the book at least once with us before he feels like he can read it on his own, even though he really does know every word in the book) He's trying to use the silly voices that Morgan uses when he reads to them. The battery died after this video so I wasn't able to get a better narration. I'm so proud of him and I love that Damon is willing to sit and listen to Logan read too. I'm glad that my boys love to look at books and I hope that excitement will continue through school.

I feel so blessed to have the family that I do. I love my husband, he is such a good man and he takes care of us and loves his kids and they love him too. Their favorite time of day is waking up and eating breakfast with Daddy, and when they hear the garage door open when he gets home from work. Although my boys keep me busy and try and test my patience, they are truly great kids and I hope to be able to continue focusing on more of the positive rather than get frustrated by the few moments of "learning."

Until next time...

1 comment:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I can't believe how close you are to having that baby! It seems like I just found out!