Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

No picture, but still an update of our happenings.

*I got Logan registered for Kindergarten this past week. It was really weird walking into the elementary school and getting all the information and realizing that he will be going to school shortly. I think I was one of the last three that were able to make it with the AM time, which I really wanted. I'm very grateful for my neighbor taking the kids so that I could get it done when I did because if I had just waited until April after Logan's final immunization checkup we would have been stuck with PM.

*I had my last dr. appointment before we have the baby and still no progress, just like every other pregnancy. I was hoping that maybe baby boy would come to us a bit sooner, but nope, at this point we are looking forward to Thursday very much! That is the day we have scheduled his induction. I'm definitely looking forward to taking care of this baby on the outside rather than the inside, my body is really at it's wits end...although, a lot of the strain does come from the three older brothers that keep me running after them. :)

*Morgan earned his Woodbadge Award and to celebrate a dual occasion, his parents came down and babysat for us on Saturday afternoon. We were able to go out to a nice dinner at Olive Garden, which I think we haven't done in probably years. Going out to dinner is not really our thing, we'd be just as happy with fast food and picnic at the park, but it is nice to do on occasion. After dinner we headed to his bead ceremony so he could get his award. I'm so proud of him for how hard he worked to accomplish the goals that he set.

*Sunday was our Stake Conference, something which at this stage in the pregnancy I had decided well in advance that I wouldn't be attended, because I would not be able to sit on a hard chair for two hours and going an hour early and having to entertain the boys for 3 hours was not an option either. I was planning on just sending Morgan to take notes, but something inside me said that would not be the right choice and would not be a good example to the kids...so I basically said, okay Heavenly Father, I'm going to Stake Conference, but I'm going to need help, please help the boys to behave and please help my body to handle it. The Lord hears and answers our prayers. We walked up to the church about ten minutes before conference and lo and behold there was still enough room on a soft bench seat for our family...so far so good. I made sure that I came prepared with several different activities to keep them occupied as well as snacks (something they haven't had in sacrament for a LONG time). Well, between the activities and snacks they exceeded my expectations for reverence. Sure, they weren't perfect and we had a little struggling, but surprisingly less than we have on a normal Sunday during sacrament. I went away feeling uplifted and very grateful for my family and for the tender mercies the Lord provides.

*The rest of the week I have just spent in "nesting" mode. Trying to get the house cleaned, although I don't get too far before I poop out. I do at least have the baby's clothes in the dresser and the portable crib set up in our room for the first little while. I still have a few bathrooms to clean, some never ending laundry, but I think for the most part we are ready! Hopefully the next blog post will be filled with pictures of the newest member of our family. Until next time...

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

I can't believe tomorrow is the big day. So excited for you guys