Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Let's Go Fly A Kite

Whew, it's time to catch a up a little bit now that my two youngest boys are taking a nap and my two oldest boys are fighting out a tantrum in their room. :)

These last few weeks have been quite the challenge. My body is finally starting to feel stronger and I'm more able to keep up with my boys...a little bit, I'm still usually exhausted by around 3:00pm, but we muddle through the afternoon.

My little Jaron has decided to be an inconsistent sleeper, I guess it's about time we had that challenge. All the other boys were great sleepers and went straight to sleep when I fed them at night, so it wasn't a big deal to get up and feed them a couple times, but this little guys likes to be rocked and held and has some stomach/gas/reflux issues, so we end up awake a lot at night, but thanks to my Kindle Fire :) I can watch some shows or read while I'm up at night.

I'm sure once he's a little more settled with nursing and not swallowing as much air he will be a much better sleeper, and I'm watching what I eat a little more. My mom and I are having a no chocolate/weight loss contest to see who can lose the most weight by July 31st. I still have about 30lbs to go to get rid of my baby weight. I haven't had as much of a jump start with the C-section recovery, but I'm looking forward to starting a good routine in another couple weeks, for right now I'm just trying to eat healthier.

My mom came up this past week and stayed with us and it was wonderful! I was able to test my limits a little more because I knew that she would be here to help when I crashed or when me and Morgan needed to get a little more sleep at night she would stay up with the baby so I could go straight back to sleep after I fed him. I definitely feel more ready to take on task of raising these four cute/crazy/fun/energetic little boys.

My dad drove my mom up and stayed for a night and the neighbor brought us some kites and my dad was able to fly some kites with the boys and they loved it.
They did pretty good too. They were able to avoid each other's kites and were able to keep them up on their own.
Damon, especially had a blast. He thought it was so cool that he was flying a kite, however, when he was done he just said, I'm done and let go and the kite flew away. Luckily it got tangled in a nearby tree and we were able to salvage it.
Logan had a fun time, but wasn't patient enough with the pictures to get a good shot.
Tragon just loved being outside. I'm actually surprised he wasn't trying to get the kites from the other boys, he just had fun watching them and being able to run around.
Thanks Papa for bringing Grandma up and for flying kites with the boys.
We did save the kites so when we have another good kite weather day we'll have to go out and see if they remember how to fly them.
Tragon is a Papa's boy on both sides of the family. I think Papa was one of his first words. By the end of the week I think Grandma had things evened out. :)
My baby is growing so fast and getting so big.
He has definitely been a joy in our lives and brought such a sweet spirit with him. He definitely brought with him some challenges, but I think we're up for the task....I guess that's easy to say when they are all occupied right now though. :)

Until next time...probably after his 6 week appointment with some stats.

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

I bet it was so nice to have your mom come stay with you. There is nothing better then mom.