Thursday, March 29, 2012

6 Weeks

Jaron is officially 6 weeks old today. I can't believe how fast time has flown by and how great it is to be at this milestone. Once my babies hit six weeks, they just seem to be better all around. Jaron will go a 6 hour stretch without eating at night...typically it's been from around 8-9 to 2-3am which is fine since my older boys go to bed early and I can go to bed then too and then I feel like I'm only up once at night. We're just going to slowly shift the time so that it seems more like "through the night." A 4-5 hour stretch of sleep for me is great and I can function pretty normally on that...for about 6 months or so. :)

He's also let me put him down a little more. He likes to be on the floor where the boys are playing so he can hear and watch them. I do have to guard him, but it's a nice down time to just be with my boys.

His naps are getting better and he is now officially sharing a room with Tragon. So far Tragon hasn't heard or cared when Jaron is screaming at night, at least he doesn't wake up when I go in to feed the baby and he's been really good not to climb in the crib when Jaron is in there. I do keep the monitor in there, just in case.

At six weeks I'm feeling much stronger and better and ready to test my limits a little more. I was even up to doing a little case lot shopping, that was some great exercise there. I think was up and down the stairs at least 20 times and most of that time carrying a case of canned goods. I was pretty tired by the end of that day, but it felt good to know that I'm getting stronger. I don't feel like I'm quite ready to dust of my running shoes, but hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be able to see where I am and maybe look forward to a few 5k races this season.

We're starting to settle into more of a routine and it's been wonderful to be able to go outside when the baby is sleeping or even when he's not. I'm looking forward to this Spring and Summer and all the fun stuff we can do outside, so until next time...

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I cant believe 6 weeks has gone by. Sounds like you are settling into a great routine

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

He is such a little cutie! I am so glad we got to spend some time together while I was out there. Love you guys!!