Monday, August 29, 2011

August...and then I'll get better at blogging

So, August. I guess August, rather September will be my month to redeem myself in my blogging/journaling. The very first week of August Logan finished up Itty Bitty Soccer. He had a lot of fun, it was harder with Tragon this time because he was walking and wanted to go out and kick the ball too, so it was an hour of squirming Tragon, fussing Damon, and happy Logan. Next time, Damon will get to do Itty Bitty Football while Logan is at pre-school, then I'll only have to worry about Tragon. :)

We were able to make it to the temple in August. I think we've only missed one month this year, so we still have about 4 more to go. It's really been a blessing to have the temples so close so that we can go and I especially want to go as much as I can now that we're having another baby and I usually don't get back for about 6 months while I'm on a tight nursing schedule.

At my last Dr Appointment everything was looking good with baby number 4. I have my ultrasound towards the end of September, so we'll be able to find out soon. I'm really hoping it's a girl though, we're having a hard time deciding on a boy name and usually by now it's already been decided for boy or girl. Either way I'm going to be really happy.

Morgan went on his big Scout Camp from Wed-Saturday. Luckily some of my friends in the neighborhood also had some summer time off, so we played in lots of water, had lots of picnics and the time really went by pretty quick.

We've still been going to the library more, but I decided that I need to be better at getting chores and other more important things (like scripture reading, praying, blogging, laundry, cleaning, etc) all done before I let myself read my fun books, otherwise I get sucked into a rather neglectful time warp and nothing gets done. Even though I know this happens every time I go on a reading binge it still happens, hopefully this time I will finally be able to find a good balance.

Logan has his pre-school open house this week and then he starts pre-school next week. I'm so excited for him. It will be good for us to have a little break from each other and I think it will do Damon some good to have a little more attention before another baby is requiring it too.
Tragon loves to feed himself and most of the time will eat much better if you let him take the reins, but it is a lot messier. Sometimes though, it's worth the mess if I can actually sit down and eat with them too when I'm hungry. :)
The pudding was everywhere, but he loved it!
Logan is getting to be too smart, but having a hard time with the fact that parents sometimes get to do things that kids don't. He doesn't quite understand why he has to listen to me and do what I ask, but I don't have to always do what he says. He's getting more independent and more trusting, but he's also coming up with more creative tantrums too. Overall, he's the best big brother in the whole world and loves to play with Damon and Tragon and I'm so glad I have him as my oldest to be the example.
Damon, oh Damon, where to begin. It seems like no matter how fussy you have been you can just smile and bat your big blue eyes and I forget why I was mad....well, sometimes. Life is so big and dramatic to him right now. And if things don't happen just right, it's always someone else's fault and surely means the end of the world. His laugh is contagious and he's really starting to bond a little better with Tragon, now that he seems more like a little boy rather than a baby. Damon can still be persuaded to eat or at least try most things at dinner and loves a good treat. Most of all he still loves trains.

2 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I always thought Logan looked like Steve, but now he looks a lot like you! He has your smile for sure. Cute little boys! I'm sure Donovan can't wait until the next time he gets to play in the dirt with them...and Chamae would probably join in too! We'll be sending girl vibes your way! Can't wait to find out what that baby is!!!

heidijogoody said...

Loved the update! I think you should get a girl this time around. It would sure be fun to see what she looks like since all three of your boys looks so different to me. You guys are good to make it to the temple we really need to be better at that