Monday, August 1, 2011

Fishing at Payson Lake

We took the boys fishing to Payson Lake last Saturday on a spur of the moment trip. It turned out to be a good learning experience. Fishing with little kids is NOT the same as fishing as a kid with your parents. :) I'm sure we kind of knew that going in and really it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was a little sad that I forgot to take any pictures. We didn't catch anything and we ended up scaling the curvy canyon road several times (we had to go back in to town because the pay booths don't take visa and we rarely have cash, and really we weren't even expecting a toll for fishing and since we drove all the way down there to fish, by golly we were going to fish!). The kids were pretty patient, but towards the end they were ready to get out of the car and fish.

Logan was more interested in finding rocks and eating Nutella pancakes, a new favorite snack and craving of mine.

Damon just liked throwing anything in the water, I threatened to throw him in if he wouldn't stop...and I really should have followed through on the one, but I didn't want to deal with a wet crying kid for the whole way home...I should have thought of that before I made the threat.

Tragon was interested in walking up and down the path and sucking on the bobbers. He's getting pretty steady on his feet now. I need to take a video of it before he gets too good and it doesn't look like he's just learning.

Overall, it really was quite fun, we didn't catch anything, but just as we were getting ready to pack up and go we did have a bite, but it got away. It started raining and a storm was heading in, so we had to high-tail it outta there. It's been years since Morgan went to Payson Lake to fish and it was way more crowded than he remembers. The boys want to go again and so do I. It was fun to just go and do something without much preparation. Luckily I was craving pancakes, so I had just made a whole bunch of fresh pancakes that we took with us to eat for dinner. :)

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I think everything is different with kids then it was when you were a kid just cause once you are a parent you have more work to do and less play to do when you do things like that :)

Tim and Wendi said...

your family pictures are so cute! I miss your boys. There is no one here for Jax to play with :(.

Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm due the end of Feb. too!