Monday, October 12, 2009

Time Flies

No pictures :( The camera is in the boys' room and they are sleeping and I don't want to wake them up, and I missed pictures of all the highlights anyway.

The week went by pretty fast and soon it was Friday and Morgan came down. On Saturday morning we were able to go to the Temple and do some sealings, it felt so good to be there. After that we came home and took the boys on a picnic to the Snow Canyon sand dunes. They had a blast. Dame just played in (ate) the dirt with his pail and shovel, and Logan was running around trying to convince all the other kids there that he was there friend. :) It was pretty cute. I hope he always stays so friendly and outgoing. It's good for me, and him.

We left just as the sand was getting hot. The kids took a nap while Morgan got to help my dad and brother work on the airplane a little bit. My dad's in the process of building his second airplane and Saturday is his day to work on it. That evening after giving the kids a bath and finding mounds of sand behind in ears, in pockets, and every other hiding place, we went on a date.

It feels kind of weird living apart during the week and really does make it feel like we're dating again, that aspect is kinda fun, the whole being apart...not so fun :( Anyway, we decided to go bowling, which was technically our first date we ever went on. Ahhhh memories. :) We both bowled terrible the first game, so we made the second game interesting and Morgan was such a good sport with my antics. We each got to choose a crazy way to bowl each frame....sadly I think I did better when I was bowling crazy. Morgan ended up winning both games. We played a quick game of pool...which I won, Morgan thinks I'm a pool shark, I think I'm just lucky. :) Then we raced in an arcade game...which I won so we ended the night even. :)

After working up an appetite, we headed to Chili's where we had a nice dinner without the kids and even ordered dessert (it was part of the special). It was so fun to have a nice day together with the family and just by ourselves. At this point in our situation we both live for the weekends and I can't wait until Friday or possibly Thursday night if he can get Friday off. :) I love you babe!!!! See you soon!

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

It sounds like you guys are still surviving the being apart thing even though it really is not that easy. I bet it is so fun to get together on the weekends after being apart for the week.